cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

5th Wheel Spec Height Question

BulldawgFan
Explorer
Explorer
So my bride and I came across a 5th wheel floor plan we really like the other day, and I have started to look into it more, have located a close dealer, and have looked at specs.

Here is one dilemma and question. We had a 18' ร— 36' steel building erected on our property to store the travel trailer under. It is exactly 13 ft tall at lowest point in center(peak) and 11 ft at eaves (sides).

The specs on the 5th wheel states 12' 6" height. So the question, is this figure measured at the highest point of sidewall or does this include ac height, or in other words highest point of unit.

The unit in question is a 2015 Prime Time Crusader 335BHS.

Thanks all.
2018 Forest River FR3 30DS
2011 GMC Terrain (Toad #1)
1993 Jeep YJ (Toad #2)
1993 EZGO Marathon 48v
22 REPLIES 22

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer
Our rig "measured" too tall for the RV port, so we ordered it with a lower height A/C and we now have enough clearance to not worry.
A tire change is also possible, I know some people that did both a smaller tire and a lower height A/C to fit
2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.

Passin__Through
Explorer
Explorer
BulldawgFan wrote:
Ram4Sam wrote:
Grab your tape measure, go to the dealer and measure it yourself. That way you will know for sure.

Sam

Sounds like a stellar idea there Sam. What do they call that...common sense? Hahaha...

Certainly will, but with the dealer 2 hours away, and with the holidays upon us, that little trip won't be possible till at least rigut after new years. I work for a living.

So I thought next best thing would be to get some feedback from the fine folks here. No matter how obvious it might be! And to see if its even worth the 2 hr drive in the first place. Saturdays are,after all,a precious commodity!

Perhaps you could call the dealer and ask if one of the dealership personnel could measure it for you. It can't be THAT big a deal for them, can it? Also, you would need to know the actual height as-hitched to your tow vehicle, since that is how you will be maneuvering in and out of the shelter.
2008 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax 4x4 CCSB; Superglide 16k hitch w/3" lift kit; Titan 52-gallon replacement fuel tank :C
2007 HitchHiker II LS 26.5RLBG Mor/Ryde pinbox:B

BulldawgFan
Explorer
Explorer
Ram4Sam wrote:
Grab your tape measure, go to the dealer and measure it yourself. That way you will know for sure.

Sam

Sounds like a stellar idea there Sam. What do they call that...common sense? Hahaha...

Certainly will, but with the dealer 2 hours away, and with the holidays upon us, that little trip won't be possible till at least rigut after new years. I work for a living.

So I thought next best thing would be to get some feedback from the fine folks here. No matter how obvious it might be! And to see if its even worth the 2 hr drive in the first place. Saturdays are,after all,a precious commodity!
2018 Forest River FR3 30DS
2011 GMC Terrain (Toad #1)
1993 Jeep YJ (Toad #2)
1993 EZGO Marathon 48v

Ram4Sam
Explorer
Explorer

Sam
2016 Dodge cummins 3500 SRW LB CC 4X4 Aisin, Nav, white w/brown
No keys, B&W TOB & Companion

Gone....served me well...1991 Dodge Cummins...2001.5 Dodge Cummins

2008 Thor Jazz 2870UK 5er

Driving a Dodge Cummins since 1991...

fly-swatter
Explorer
Explorer
Mine is 12 1/2 feet to the top of the air conditioner. My last unit was shorter so I'm building a new shelternext year.
2012 Ram 2500 Hemi
2012 Flagstaff 8524RLS

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
The spec height of 12' 6" should be the overall height, not just the roof. On Monday, call the manufacturer.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Highest point.........typically top of A/C Unit

A/C Unit can be 8" to 14" in height.

So at 14"....top of RV would be 11' 4"

Course that is mfg. brochure numbers.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
As delivered? Going to be really hard to tell you. Specifications can and do change. It will be really close.