cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

5th wheel

Roadking5002
Explorer
Explorer
Whats the best 5th wheel for 2015 ? 29 feet. Best truck to tow with.
23 REPLIES 23

Sprink-Fitter
Explorer
Explorer
rtazz17 wrote:
RCMAN46 wrote:
filrupmark wrote:
The best trailer is the one your wife likes. But you can pick the truck. Good luck !

I partially agree. The wife also had a big say with the truck. It had to be one that did not require a step stool to get in and did not require a kidney belt while running empty.

When Mother is happy everyone may be happy but if Mother is not happy no one is happy.
nope,Im the one driving my truck when we arent camping. Shes in the PASSENGER seat when IM pulling the camper so my wife had no say in the truck that is mine.I had no say in her vehicle.If the wife isnt happy too bad.Been married over 20yrs.Trailer was combined decision but the line has to be drawn somewhere or you might as well cut your balls off and hand em to her.

And if I called the wife mother she would not be happy, she is the wife or hey you but not mother.
2006 Coachman Adrenaline 228FB

2012 Can Am Commander XT 1000

Allworth
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here we go again!

True or false question:

"How long is a battleship?"
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
rtazz17 wrote:
RCMAN46 wrote:
filrupmark wrote:
The best trailer is the one your wife likes. But you can pick the truck. Good luck !

I partially agree. The wife also had a big say with the truck. It had to be one that did not require a step stool to get in and did not require a kidney belt while running empty.

When Mother is happy everyone may be happy but if Mother is not happy no one is happy.
nope,Im the one driving my truck when we arent camping. Shes in the PASSENGER seat when IM pulling the camper so my wife had no say in the truck that is mine.I had no say in her vehicle.If the wife isnt happy too bad.Been married over 20yrs.Trailer was combined decision but the line has to be drawn somewhere or you might as well cut your balls off and hand em to her.

OUCH!!! I've been married 44 years this coming Thursday and we make joint decisions. We both picked out the 5er, then we both looked at trucks...now I did take the lead on the truck, knowing what I needed, as far as how much we spent for the truck, then a joint decision.

The wife has actually taken the wheel when towing at times, (on Interstate) and does a pretty doggone good job of towing I might add. I did have say in her vehicle, we discussed what she wanted and came to a mutual agreement on again, how much to spend. So she drives a 2014 Jeep Compass 4X4 Limited and I drive the truck, but we've both also driven each others vehicles also.....

It's worked for us and I'm still fully intact of all my components...probably why it's lasted as long as it has:)
Jim & Kathy, (Boxers, Buddy & Sheba)
2016 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn 4X4/CC/LB/Aisin/4.10/rear air assist ...Pearl White.
2016 DRV MS 36RSSB3/ W&D/ slide toppers/ DTV satellite/ 5.5K Onan propane gen.
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
rtazz17 wrote:
RCMAN46 wrote:
filrupmark wrote:

x2. I could care less what my wife thinks about my truck. As a matter of fact she hates to drive it. But she loves it when I'm driving with the 5'er behind. Last time she drove it she wacked some guys mirror with mine.

rtazz17
Explorer
Explorer
RCMAN46 wrote:
filrupmark wrote:

RCMAN46
Explorer
Explorer
filrupmark wrote:

Jim-Linda
Explorer II
Explorer II
New Horizons, Spacecraft, Continental Coach for the trailer, Volvo, Pete, KW or Freightliner for the truck.

Jim

filrupmark
Explorer
Explorer
2004 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.0 Diesel, Bilstein 4600 Shocks, 16K B&W Patriot, Michelin M&S
2014 Augusta Flex AF34RS Trailair Tri Glide pinbox,
JT Strong Arms , Bridgestone R250'S, KYB Monotube Gas shocks
Finally a smooth ride !!!

texasclarks
Explorer
Explorer
Sprink-Fitter wrote:
Roadking5002 wrote:

Yes.

Exactly! The best is the one you can afford and afford the TV to pull it!
Posts are for entertainment purposes only and should not be construed as endorsement or recommendations. YMMV!

Steven & Stacie, plus 2 ('02 & '07)
'04 Suburban 2500, Quad Seats, 8.1L, 3.73
'09 Rockwood 8313SS

Texas not just a State, but a State of mind!

GON2SKI
Explorer
Explorer
That's what the salesman told me I was gettingโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..well it is 29ft.
2014 Arctic Fox 27-5L 5.5 Onan propane, 4pt AutoLevel, RearCam, Central Vacuum Bridgestone R250's tires
2002 F350 Power Stroke Diesel 4x4 CC SRW SB Chipped, Toyo Tuff HT tires
DW and 2 Bull Terriers

Here For A Good Time.... Not For A Long Time

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Mine. Even though it's only 28'.

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
Roadking5002 wrote:

WAYYYYYYYYY too many variables and not enough information. Artic Fox, DRV (if they make one that small), Carriage, gee, quite a few....how deep is your pocket book..

Depending on the GVW of the 5er' that you want and can afford, THEN you look for the correct truck to tow it with..Ford, Chevy or Ram, take your pick...gas or diesel....take your pick, just make sure it has enough GCWR and RAWR to tow the 5er and carry the pin weight, people, pets and whatever else you want to put into the truck.

Not enough information from you to form much of an opinion...

One post on July 26th, then other post of "jacks are down":h..ok...
Jim & Kathy, (Boxers, Buddy & Sheba)
2016 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn 4X4/CC/LB/Aisin/4.10/rear air assist ...Pearl White.
2016 DRV MS 36RSSB3/ W&D/ slide toppers/ DTV satellite/ 5.5K Onan propane gen.
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

Water-Bug
Explorer
Explorer
Roadking5002 wrote:

I'll let you know in about 2025. Not enough information until then.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Best is a used one, same for the truck. In five years you will figure out what is best for you and trade up.