cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

6 point leveling????

dsnuggles
Explorer
Explorer
Since I'm in the market for a new toy hauler and I really want the 2017 Fuzion 369...... now I love this whole new self leveling systems but I've heard about so many issues with that. Now I rather have a manual system and know that I won't be dealing with headaches from the hydraulic and electrical system.
34 REPLIES 34

2btowed
Explorer
Explorer
Love the inovation of 6pt leveling, however after scrapping off my rear jacks climbing up Harquala Mtn in AZ,I moved them to behind the tires and added a rear 2ft skid plate.You will have to be careful about the jacks being sooo low and hanging down.If all you do is Camperland you should be OK however,off-road watch out!!
08 Ranger/sold/14 rzr900 4
08 Grizzly x2
06 400ex
06 Honda 90
08 f450
04 Kymco 110

dsnuggles
Explorer
Explorer
kofire wrote:
dsnuggles wrote:
REPO1 wrote:
dsnuggles wrote:

Well that I didn't know. I do a lot of dry camping, but I could of sworn when I looked my at it they said it can run on propane. I'm gonna have to really check that out on sun when I go look it again and try to make a deal on it.

If its capable of running on propane it isn't the residential fridge. The 4 doors styles (2 upper & 2 lower) are the RV style and run on propane or 110V. The residential only run on 110V. If you plan to use a generator to boondock, it will have to run 24 hours per day with the residential fridge.

Gotcha. This one isn't a full residential one. It's the propane and the 110v. It's either a 12 or 18 cu.ft. Style.

Hi did you get that info from the dealer? That would be great if they did have the option but I haven't been able to confirm on a unit firsthand yet.

I went on the manufacturer website and they say it's LP and AC.

dsnuggles
Explorer
Explorer
kofire wrote:
dsnuggles wrote:
REPO1 wrote:
dsnuggles wrote:

Well that I didn't know. I do a lot of dry camping, but I could of sworn when I looked my at it they said it can run on propane. I'm gonna have to really check that out on sun when I go look it again and try to make a deal on it.

If its capable of running on propane it isn't the residential fridge. The 4 doors styles (2 upper & 2 lower) are the RV style and run on propane or 110V. The residential only run on 110V. If you plan to use a generator to boondock, it will have to run 24 hours per day with the residential fridge.

Gotcha. This one isn't a full residential one. It's the propane and the 110v. It's either a 12 or 18 cu.ft. Style.

Hi did you get that info from the dealer? That would be great if they did have the option but I haven't been able to confirm on a unit firsthand yet.

kofire
Explorer
Explorer
dsnuggles wrote:
REPO1 wrote:
dsnuggles wrote:

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
I would never get any trailer or toy hauler with a residential fridge. As others have said most of the camping out west is without hookups. A residential fridge would be one of the few features that would be an automatic no.
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

Searching_Ut
Explorer
Explorer
Auto Level was one of the big deciding factors for us as to Fifth Wheel, or go back to a class A. It literally takes our setup time when dry camping to less than 10 minutes. Back in, hydraulics run front legs down very fast to take weight off hitch, unlatch hitch, pull forward, mash auto button, pull steps out while trailer is leveling, open door, run out slides and awning, put out lawn chair, open beer and relax. When it's time to leave it will also take the front end back to the same height you were at when you unhitched which makes hooking back up quite easy.
2015 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD, 4X4, AISIN, B&W Companion Puck Mount
2016 Heartland Bighorn 3270RS, 1kw solar with Trimetric and dual SC2030, 600 watt and 2k inverters.

dsnuggles
Explorer
Explorer
REPO1 wrote:
dsnuggles wrote:

WhitehouseLV
Explorer III
Explorer III
I noticed that on some toyhaulers the rear jacks set farther from the rear wheel and others closer to the rear wheels. I'm curious if anyone has hit the rear jack when travelling over dips or uneven ground?

Longtime Member of RV.net (since 2005) just trying to find my friends and way around in this new community.
40' Keystone Toyhauler
2017 Ram 3500 DRW
2019 KTM 300 XC-W tpi
Honda CRF 80F

Honda Rincon
Polaris RZR 800 Trail

B-rad_Lee
Explorer
Explorer
Nicholsfamily05 wrote:
dedmiston wrote:
Nicholsfamily05 wrote:
We stepped up the auto level and we love it. Doesn't always feel level but it is. Wouldn't go back

Good point. It's level-ish. It isn't perfect. I'd like to invent a shim system to dial in the stove so my skillets won't drool to one side.

Haha......if hubby notices it is off or should say feels off he goes out and starts playing with it till we agree it's "level" to our standards. Mostly that consists of which way does the water flow and fridge doors swing. Lol

You may need to reset the "Zero Point Calibration" if you have the LCI Level-Up system.
2011 FORD F350 Super Duty, Lariat, 6.7 PSD
2016 Fuzion 325
2006 YAMAHA YZ450F
2012 Honda CRF70F

REPO1
Explorer
Explorer
dsnuggles wrote:

2016 XLR Thunderbolt 420Amp

dsnuggles
Explorer
Explorer
Sprinks542 wrote:
kofire wrote:
lawnspecialties wrote:
kofire wrote:
My biggest concern with that new fuzion would be the residential fridge setup. What a joke for a toyhauler.

Curious. What's wrong with the fridge set-up?

I want to first say I think the fusions are amazing toyhaulers. That being said I really don't think a residential fridge belongs in a toyhauler. The majority of toyhaulers in Ca are used without hookups. So a 110 fridge that comes with a single 12v battery is not gonna work for long. Obviously you can build a large battery bank and install solar I just think it would be a bad surprise for someone who doesn't understand how it all works.
The salesman just say "well that's what you have the genny for". Nobody wants to run or hear a generator 24/7. Toyhaulers are designed to be used off the grid obviously I don't care what anybody says. They wouldn't come with large holding tanks and generators if they were not. I just think at least there should be the option to have a regular Rv style fridge.

I just was at the Pittsburgh Rv Show. Was telling my buddy that having this style would be tough dry camping. Guy over heard me and ask why. I also said unless you have a large battery bank and solar power a single 12v battery isn't gonna cut it. He said thanks for the tip and was reevaulating his toyhauler approach.

Aridon
Explorer
Explorer
All in your use. We are looking at toy haulers and if we boon dock we use the generator. So for us, residential fridge is preferred. If you want to dry camp a lot then you need an inverter and a large battery bank to support the use. Different strokes for different folks.
2019 Grand Design Momentum 395
2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10

2014.5 DRV Atlanta (sold)

2008 Newmar 4330 (Modified) Sold

Sprinks542
Explorer
Explorer
kofire wrote:
lawnspecialties wrote:
kofire wrote:
My biggest concern with that new fuzion would be the residential fridge setup. What a joke for a toyhauler.

Curious. What's wrong with the fridge set-up?

I want to first say I think the fusions are amazing toyhaulers. That being said I really don't think a residential fridge belongs in a toyhauler. The majority of toyhaulers in Ca are used without hookups. So a 110 fridge that comes with a single 12v battery is not gonna work for long. Obviously you can build a large battery bank and install solar I just think it would be a bad surprise for someone who doesn't understand how it all works.
The salesman just say "well that's what you have the genny for". Nobody wants to run or hear a generator 24/7. Toyhaulers are designed to be used off the grid obviously I don't care what anybody says. They wouldn't come with large holding tanks and generators if they were not. I just think at least there should be the option to have a regular Rv style fridge.

I just was at the Pittsburgh Rv Show. Was telling my buddy that having this style would be tough dry camping. Guy over heard me and ask why. I also said unless you have a large battery bank and solar power a single 12v battery isn't gonna cut it. He said thanks for the tip and was reevaulating his toyhauler approach.
15 Ford F-350 DRW PSD CC
17 417 Fuzion
15 Xds Turbo Maverick.
13 Maverick X rs
07 Can-Am Outlander 800
08 Can-Am Renegade 500

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
I understand. Here on the east coast, we hardly ever camp without hook-ups or generators. At our races, all you hear are generators running all night long.

So for us, the residential fridge is great. But I certainly understand your frustration for what you folks like to do with them.

Back to the OP. 6 point leveling is awesome. As others have said, hit the button and back up. Let it do its thing. But like YnotTurbo, I like to use some homemade blocks underneath each leg. My tires are 235/85-16 so they are a little taller than stock. The blocks keep the legs from extending as far and it appears to be more stable.

One weekend we were camping with friends at a lake. The sites were terribly slanted. The 6 point leveling had to pick up all three right side tires off the ground to get level. It did so and we stayed like that all weekend long. It was amazingly stable and didn't budge the whole time.