cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice/Opinions needed Keystone 296FWRLS

Greene728
Explorer
Explorer
Well we are looking at possibly trading rigs. Currently have the Crossroads Cruiser CTX 29Bhs that has been a great unit! But we now have a need for more living space as our oldest daughter doesn't go much anymore due to school and social life. So, its just me, my youngest daughter, and the DW.

We are not full timers, just the weekend/vacation types spending roughly 35-50 nights a year in the rig. We started looking hard lately and we came across the Keystone Sprinter wide body 296FWRLS. We like the lay out and floor plan really well. And it seems to be a nice rig at the price point. Can anyone give me any feedback on this unit/manufacturer as far as construction, reliability, etc.? I've looked quite a bit (even in Keystones forum) and just not a lot out there as far as feedback.

FYI...towing rig is in Sig in case its relevant or someone has another recommendation.

Thanks
2011 Crossroads Cruiser 29BHS ( Traded )
2017 Grand Design 303RLS ( Sold )
Currently camperless ( Just taking a break )
2016 Chevy Silverado 2500 4x4 6.0 and 4:10’s
Me and the wife and our two daughters. Life's good!
2 REPLIES 2

Durhamcutter
Explorer
Explorer
The Copper Canyon is a good trailer, the last one we had was 36.9 ft and we pulled it all over the country, good trailer , we had 4 sprinters and they all were great trailers. Don't hear much about them , people buy and don't ever get rid of them. Happy camping and don't fret about buying a Sprinter

accordionman
Explorer
Explorer
don't have the 296 . we have the 269 FWRET series Copper Canyon by Sprinter . I took a look at your model .bath room is the same love the full sized shower. bedroom is also the same layout . we have table and chairs instead of booth your slide looks to have the stove ,while ours has the slide with dining and the sofa . we also have electric fireplace which is good for taking the chill out of the coach . have the fan also . pretty much the same as ours . how long is the coach and what are its weights? I pull mine with a 2013 Ram 2500Hemi . does good job . the hills will make it work . I weighed the unit and tow vehicle at Cat Scales . my unit ready for camping was 9700 lbs. was under all my weights but the gvw of the truck . only a bit over . I see you have fORD 250 . Check your ratings of the truck on the inside of door to see if it can handle the weight . now to your ? we really like ours. Had very little problems with it .check the 269 if the 296 is too heavy . not much difference