cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Air compressor for 115 psi

5thhand
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking for a smaller air compressor capable of producing 115 psi. Stage 2 compressors are too big to haul around. Any ideas?
5thhand
24 REPLIES 24

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
+1 for viair as you go over 80psi.

For the big dog look at oasis that will produce 200psi continuous and pull 180 amps from your battery to do it.

http://www.oasismfg.com/dc-air-compressors.html

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
romore wrote:
Many small compressore are capable of 115 psi but lack the volume to produce much air at that pressure. You want volume and pressure but that comes at a cost in bulk and weight. And price.

The Milwaukee M12 inflator will go to 120PSI, but it will take a long time. They also recommend running continuously for more than 10 minutes.

If you are just "topping off" tires that are down 5 or 10 psi and are not in a hurry, it might be for you.

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
Many small compressore are capable of 115 psi but lack the volume to produce much air at that pressure. You want volume and pressure but that comes at a cost in bulk and weight. And price.

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II

This is the one I use. It has quality fittings and gauges, and quickly goes to 165 psi. It is also light weight, about 35 lbs.

Jerry

Chainwright
Explorer
Explorer
TimnJo wrote:
I've heard good things about compressors from this company, a little too expensive for my budget though.

https://www.viaircorp.com/portables

Wow, $280 and up. You ain't lyin'

TimnJo
Explorer
Explorer
I've heard good things about compressors from this company, a little too expensive for my budget though.

https://www.viaircorp.com/portables
2010 Carriage Cameo 36FWS
2018 Silverado 3500HD D/A Double Cab Dually LT

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

My single tank can "do" 115 psi--but even at 85 psi in the tires it simply doesnt work well. I'd love to have a 150 psi compressor--but it has to be small. I don't care about voltage. I do care about price.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
For that kind of pressure I'd be looking at compressed air/co2/n2 tanks. Like fj says, to actually inflate a tire to 115 you'll need a lot more pressure, and more volume. Otherwise you'll be there all day.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
I use a small Porter-Cable also, but not the round one. I found it too bulky to store easily.

FWIW if you want a small compressor to use up to 115 psi, get one that will go to at least 135 psi. If you get one that goes to 115 psi, you'll play heck getting tires topped up to 110 psi.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

MPI_Mallard
Explorer
Explorer
Had this one for years, stores neatly in my side bay,,,,click
07' Dodge 3500 6 speed Cummins Diesel Dually/6.7L Bully-Chipped /
Exhst Brake/07' Cedar Creek 37CDTSD Daydreamer fiver
Mallard @ Frau Blรผcher

Red Green:
Now lets Bow your heads for the men's prayer.
I am a man, but I can change.
If I have to, I guess...