cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alumascape furnace issue

yolo6886
Explorer
Explorer
Well its getting to be about that time in Florida so I fired on the furnace for the first time since my new purchase and had a bit of a problem. The main part of my coach heats up great, however, in the foreword part there is no air floe through the heating vents at all. I checked below and nothing is obstructing the vent hoses.

I'm not really sure what else to do, I have a total of three vents with no flow. Thanks for your help everyone and stay warm!
In the fiver full-time

2002 30ft Holiday Rambler Alumascape
8 REPLIES 8

Cool_Canuck
Explorer
Explorer
Some trailers have the hose adapter taped onto the ducting. With heat and age the tape may fail. I suspect the hose has come away from the ducting.

Banish the thought, but rodents like to nest in furnace ducting.
'05 Day Dreamer by Cedar Creek
2011 F250 PSD CC

You can lead a horse to water.
You cannot make it drink.

TXiceman
Explorer II
Explorer II
A lot of 5er do not have enough fan to push the air to the bedroom. You may need to add a booster fan in the 3" or 4" round duct leading to the front.
http://www.globalindustrial.com/p/hvac/exhaust-fans/in-line-duct-fans/tjernlund-duct-booster-fan-180...http://www.globalindustrial.com/p/hvac/exhaust-fans/in-line-duct-fans/tjernlund-duct-booster-fan-180-cfm?infoParam.campaignId=T9F&gclid=CIWI_sX0gsICFYZm7Aod7F4AQg&gclsrc=aw.ds

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

yolo6886
Explorer
Explorer
12th Man Fan wrote:
In my Alumascape ,the heat ducts go behind the wall in the cargo compartment and are tied in to a medal distribution box. Mine had several leaks and I fixed it with medal duct tape. One of the flex ducts may have come loose completely. The fiber divider wall is easy to remove if it is like my 05 model.

Good luck.

Yeah I just got done looking agian everything looks good and I think I will be removing that panel in the morning to get a better look.
In the fiver full-time

Dayle1
Explorer II
Explorer II
12th Man Fan wrote:
In my Alumascape ,the heat ducts go behind the wall in the cargo compartment and are tied in to a medal distribution box. Mine had several leaks and I fixed it with medal duct tape. One of the flex ducts may have come loose completely. The fiber divider wall is easy to remove if it is like my 05 model.

Good luck.

X2, I've seen loose duct hoses directly off the furnace. If you have access to the furnace cabinet, turn it on in fan only mode and feel around the cabinet for air flow.
Larry Day
Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders since '01
'13 Silverado 3500HD LT 2wd CCSB SRW, custom RKI bed
'19 Starcraft Telluride 292RLS
Rig Photos

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
Lot of reports of cra..., er, TRASH in the ducts from the factory. Rags, wood, sawdust, plastic, all kinds of cra..., er, TRASH. That, and ducts just plain not hooked up...and never been.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

12th_Man_Fan
Explorer
Explorer

Good luck.
2014 GMC Duramax 4X4 DRW Crew

2015 DRV Tradition

yolo6886
Explorer
Explorer
That's what I thought as well, I checked all three vent hoses and followed them back as far as I could and they all look fine. So I was wondering if it could be a kink or a clog closer to the unit I cant see.
In the fiver full-time

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
find them and follow them backwards , I read meny a post with your problem, comes back to poor installation. and smashed pipe.