cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Andersen Hitch Information

Sport45
Explorer
Explorer
For what it's worth I just noticed Andersen has edited the installation instructions for their Ultimate Hitch. Now they call for retightening the cinch bolt after applying the trailer's full pin weight.

I don't have one, so can't comment on how much additional take-up there is after hitching. I suppose this need arose from folks installing the hitch on top of bed mats that may be compressing under load. If that's the case, B&W Companion owners may have the same issue with their drawdown bolt being loose after hitching. In either case, it's probably best not to have anything between the bed and the hitch except a spray-in bed liner.

Link to Ultimate Hitch instructions. Note step 4-5.

This additional step is not in the video instructions on their website. Those still follow the original instructions of torquing once and done.
’19 F350 SRW CCLB PSD Fx4
'00 F250, CC SWB 4x2, V-10 3.73LS. (sold)
'83 F100 SWB 4x2, 302 AOD 3.55. (parked)
'05 GMC Envoy 4x2 4.2 3.73L.
'12 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
'15 Cherokee Trailhawk
3 REPLIES 3

RetiredSquid
Explorer
Explorer
Listening and learning

eb145
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for posting this. I have a spray in bed liner and I will be checking the torque after applying the trailer's full pin weight next time.

Ed

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
The last time I used my trailer I went back and tried to re-torque the "cinch" bolt after placing the trailer load on the hitch. It did NOT make a difference... Bolt would not turn any more at 50 ft/lbs from where it was prior to placing the load on the hitch. That was my experience but your mileage may vary. I do not have a bed mat in my truck. Just a spray-in liner.
2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch