cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Andersen Hitches

Dtank
Explorer
Explorer
This was indirectly referenced by a post to a previous thread....

Several additional links to that unfortunate/inconsiderate incident.

The Corona Arch

An RV equipment manufacturer giving RVers a black eye!..:(

14 REPLIES 14

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
I've never vandalized nor defaced anything either. What he did was disgusting and was no "accident". No, I won't buy an Andesen product based on this. It won't make a difference but I can't bring myself to support him either.

billyray50
Explorer
Explorer
Agree with the recent posts here. Hopefully he will pay a hefty fine and community service. Maybe remove his title. Not the employees fault and I will still consider purchasing the hitch to suit my personal needs.

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
SugarHillCTD wrote:
I agree with the more moderate posts above.

Yeah the guy did something irresponsible.

I'm not religious but I understand the expression- He that is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone.

All those here suggesting severe consequences (for him and/or his company) have NEVER done anything wrong or illegal? Some here might reply with "well no where near as bad as this Andersen guy".

Then we get into degrees of how much bad/wrong.

So all you who are looking to cast the first stone- REALLY?

Casting call !!

Posters who have vandalized something ("sins" of minor or major "degree") fess up now! I haven't, how about you?

Not the employees fault - but I would be looking for a new employer ASAP.

:S

SugarHillCTD
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with the more moderate posts above.

Yeah the guy did something irresponsible.

I'm not religious but I understand the expression- He that is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone.

All those here suggesting severe consequences (for him and/or his company) have NEVER done anything wrong or illegal? Some here might reply with "well no where near as bad as this Andersen guy".

Then we get into degrees of how much bad/wrong.

So all you who are looking to cast the first stone- REALLY?
John & Cathy
'12 Chevy 2500HD CC 4x4 sb
'16 Cougar 25RKS w/ Andersen rail mount
'13 Eagle Cap 850 (sold). B4 that a few other TCs and a TT

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah....action can be the 100k in fines and one year in prison.
Reaction..... to him may be a big loss in sales and a black spot on his companies name.

The internet/social media has created lots of kooks and crack pots making all kinds of comments and threats. Something they wouldn't have the guts to do face to face.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

DiskDoctr
Explorer
Explorer
Sad action and reactions. Seems the only thing people love more than Hate is a good reason to all hate the same person ๐Ÿ˜ž

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
ralphnjoann wrote:
A sad reflection of the times we live in. First, the act and then the reaction to it.

Our countries could save lotsa bucks by doing away with Courts and just use trial by internet.

Good thing the petroglyph people dint have mobile phone cameras...

What people get from leaving their mark on "not their property" is beyond me.

The law will take it's course like it should.

I'm not sure a boycott of the innocent employees and dealers of the company serves what purpose again?

Damphools (and crooks) have been running companies that are still in business for years.

ralphnjoann
Explorer
Explorer
A sad reflection of the times we live in. First the act, and then the reaction to it.

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
packnrat wrote:
... he even had the forthought of having fake plates for his son to swap out on his truck.

I do not understand that. I can kind of see someone, on the spur of the moment, stupidly marking up something. But to plan so far ahead that you have different plates for your vehicle??

According to one report, multiple people told him to stop - but he ignored them.

Of course it is not good to do things like that, but in today's "social media" world it is just an incredibly dumb and stupid thing to do.

stew47
Explorer
Explorer
Yea I think the guy deserves a good lashing on Facebook but wow people are calling for death. People are nuts.

WTP-GC
Explorer
Explorer
I always laugh when I hear the "boycotters" stand up in force and declare that they'll never buy products from company "X". Or that they hope the company goes out of business. It just just shows the crazed foolishness of people, which in this case, isn't much different than the foolishness that's being discussed. No, I don't condone the actions, but keep in mind that people (including ourselves) do stupid stuff everyday.

We buy RV's manufactured by the Amish, who are notorious for sending their children into the labor market without fair compensation.
We buy fuel for our vehicles that originates in the Middle East, and in many cases we essentially funnel money to terrorist funding organizations.
We buy products made in China...a place that is a known economic enemy of the USA (oh, and they're communist).
We eat GMO foods, grown in a manner that is far more abusive to the environment that a sand-stone etching on a giant rock.

So please take your social-justice warrior mentalities elsewhere...
Duramax + Grand Design 5er + B & W Companion
SBGTF

packnrat
Explorer
Explorer
any shop carring this fools line of producs should be encouraged to return them for a full refund,
and to never stock any of his items again.

what he did is beond thought. beond reason. he even had the forthought of having fake plates for his son to swap out on his truck.
2006 F250 4X4 auto 6.0 short bed
2001 sunnybrook 24 ft
1984 cj7 built up a bit
kg6tgu
never too many toys, just not enought room to keep them
one dog who belives she is the master. rip 12 12 2007
12 loving years and loyal to the end.
just out having fun

Blazing_Zippers
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sad! No wonder good people from Idaho are looked upon as dolts. Hopefully the judge will see to it that Andersen spends quality time working in the Park cleaning up after other idiots.
If I didn't already own one of this fellow's products, I'm sure I could find another brand that would work just as well.
Andersen needs to visit the temple....

Mortimer_Brewst
Explorer
Explorer
The act of vandalism needs to be reflected in the title. You should consider changing your title to the one used in the attached article: Andersen Hitches owner caught defacing Corona Arch.
I wrote it yesterday, there is no way this guy is getting my money! We have a fiver on order and I have been going back & forth between the Andersen Hitch and the B & W Companion. B & W it will be.
If ethics are poor at the top, that behavior is copied down through the organization - Robert Noyce

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2019 Coachmen Chaparral 298RLS