cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATV riders stand up BLM in Utah

Bakersfield
Explorer
Explorer
story found here: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/05/10/utah-residents-become-next-to-confront-bureau-land-manage...

Perhaps this will trigger more BLM land opening up to ATVs. I never understood why hikers and horses are permitted, but not ATVs.
110 REPLIES 110

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
Dirtclods wrote:
nayther wrote:
O.K. one last post on this

My point was not to single out one group but to make the point that some are not educated in OHV, glad allcool has a B.S. in M.E. as I have a B.S as well, not the point. Education is PARAMOUNT and we are not getting to the non-organized users, THAT'S THE POINT.

As for the victory in Glamis I am fully aware of that, ASA, AMA D37, and others are part of a group called ECOLOGIC and we pay thousands of dollars into ECOLOGIC every year. ECOLOGIC has been working since 2001 to get this done and has succeeded. Yes I DO know. For the record I am District Legislative Officer for AMA District 37, the largest active District in the AMA.

I'm also a District #37 member. I'm also involved in C.O.R.V.A http://www.corva.org/

And OHV Volunteer for SBNF

We all need to be on the same page keeping our trails open!

Yes I know you are, thanks for being an activist and you are correct, united we stand divided we fall, and we've fallen too many times.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
nayther wrote:
O.K. one last post on this

My point was not to single out one group but to make the point that some are not educated in OHV, glad allcool has a B.S. in M.E. as I have a B.S as well, not the point. Education is PARAMOUNT and we are not getting to the non-organized users, THAT'S THE POINT.

As for the victory in Glamis I am fully aware of that, ASA, AMA D37, and others are part of a group called ECOLOGIC and we pay thousands of dollars into ECOLOGIC every year. ECOLOGIC has been working since 2001 to get this done and has succeeded. Yes I DO know. For the record I am District Legislative Officer for AMA District 37, the largest active District in the AMA.

I'm also a District #37 member. I'm also involved in C.O.R.V.A http://www.corva.org/

And OHV Volunteer for SBNF

We all need to be on the same page keeping our trails open!
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

BoonHauler
Explorer
Explorer
Another update from the Sierra Access Coalition regarding the Plumas & Tahoe NF.
Sierra Access Coalition wrote:
See www.sierraaccess.com for an update on our lawsuit against the Plumas N.F. Travel Management Plan. The Pacific Legal Foundation (PLF) will be filing the lawsuit in July.

PLF has also filed an appeal to the Tahoe N.F. Travel Management court decision. Please go to http://blog.pacificlegal.org/2014/u-s-forest-service-says-man-nature-peacefully-coexist/ and click "like" at the top of the article. The more "likes" that Pacific Legal Foundation sees on the article, the greater the chances that PLF will view similar issues as ones that are of particular interest to people, and the greater the likelihood that PLF will launch a substantial media campaign when they file the complaint in our Plumas NF lawsuit in July. Please open the link, "Like" it, and forward it to your contacts.
05 RAM 3500 CTD 4x4 Q/C Laramie DRW/NV5600/3.73, B&W Gooseneck, MaxBrake, PacBrake PRXB, Brite Box Fogster, BD steering Box Brace
2014 BoonHauler 3614

allcool
Explorer
Explorer
eubank wrote:
Humm. I can see that dissenting views are neither wanted nor tolerated in this forum, so I think it's time for me to unsubscribe.
Lynn

Awesome pics on your flickr pages. You're a great photographer. Beautiful pics of our nations pristine wilderness areas.

Just trying to get an idea of where you're coming from...
Do you just hike, or do you use some type of motorized off road vehicle...?

Are you a member of the Sierra Club...?

I myself would like to hear your views, please...

jmo
2007 WW FSW3200
RZRS k&t Turbo
2 LT500
1 Lt500 hybrid
F350 CC 6.7PS Platinum

Bakersfield
Explorer
Explorer
eubank wrote:
Humm. I can see that dissenting views are neither wanted nor tolerated in this forum, so I think it's time for me to unsubscribe.
Lynn

Bring it. What you got?

Bakersfield
Explorer
Explorer
"It’s time too get damn serious about this issue and stand together, get organized, and start serving up a little kick butt ourselves."

I agree. All riders (anything with wheels or track), need to come together, get some funding support from the manufactures, form a PAC and start buying some influence with the politicians. Our new PAC should be called PLACES ( Public Land Access, Conservation, Education, & Service).

BoonHauler
Explorer
Explorer
mustangglp wrote:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=7&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CGQQFjAG&url=htt...Center for Biological Diversity is busy cranking out thousands of lawsuits to close thousands of miles land from public us
and at the same time getting rich off the tax payer
According to the GAO report, payments made to these organizations for the fiscal years 2003 through 2010 came to:

• $5.62 million to the Sierra Club and its legal defense fund called Earthjustice

• $1.7 million to the National Resources Defense Council

• $553,645 to the Center For Biological Diversity

• $535,000 to the Western Environmental Center

• $219,000 to the Environmental

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=7&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CGQQFjAG&url=htt...

I understand that it’s all fun & games to “Flame” each other about whether you roll on two or four wheels but as Mustangglp has so keenly pointed out the other side of this battle, and make no mistake this is a battle, is VERY well organized, VERY well funded, VERY well politically connected, and are DEFINITELY kicking our butts so just keep on joking around guys because I can tell you for damn sure our opponents aren’t!!

It’s time too get damn serious about this issue and stand together, get organized, and start serving up a little kick butt ourselves.

I don’t know if all you southwest OHVer’s are aware but Ocotillo Wells lawsuit looks to be back on again, here’s a quote from another site.

TomJeeps wrote:
Bad news!
Open Riding Lawsuit in Ocotillo Wells Will Go To Court
May 8, 2014- Superior Court Judge Timothy Frawley overruled the demurrers by filed by State Parks stating that the court finds that PEER/DPC have alleged facts sufficient to constitute a cause of action for mandate based relief based on State Parks alleged abuse of discretion in allow an open riding policy.
In English this means that the Judge thinks there is enough evidence to allow the case to move forward. Tierra Del Sol and EcoLogic will immediately move to intervene in the case to defend open riding in the park. Please like our Facebook page and check our website for updates.
If you would like to make donations to Tierra Del Sol Desert Safari please do so here! It is now time to fight and unfortunately we need money now. Sorry for such bad news on your Friday.
http://www.tds4x4.com/lawsuit-donations/
At this point we'll be looking for sponsors for a second round of Fight For Ocotillo Wells tshirts and stickers. We're asking $150 from each sponsor and in exchange you'll get your logo on the shirt, logo on the www.FightForOcotilloWells.com website and of course here on the group pages. If you'd like more information please email me: Desiree@FightForOcotilloWells.com
05 RAM 3500 CTD 4x4 Q/C Laramie DRW/NV5600/3.73, B&W Gooseneck, MaxBrake, PacBrake PRXB, Brite Box Fogster, BD steering Box Brace
2014 BoonHauler 3614

Y-Guy
eubank wrote:
Lynn

Seriously? Give me a break. It's the Toy Hauler forum, what did you expect?

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

eubank
Explorer
Explorer
Lynn

Bakersfield
Explorer
Explorer
That those who had the most to lose did the least to prevent its happening- President Ronald Reagan

nevadanick
Explorer
Explorer
No warning stickers plastered all over a motorcycle when you buy one. That said we need to be together but one of the problems is people that ride be it 2 or 4 are mostly independent people that are not a part of anything.

dedmiston
bobx2 wrote:
And as long as all you two wheel guys keep pointing the finger at us four wheel guys, there will never be unity enough to accomplish anything. If you could get your blinders off long enough to see that one can be equally as damaging as the other, then maybe we could come together and get something done. This is not flaming, this is fact. Read through your own posts and see how you keep driving the wedge in deeper. Seriously, think before you write if you are really trying to bring the off road crowd together and unify for a cause.

Lighten up. It's just a friendly rivalry. Sharks & Jets. Black Spy vs. White Spy.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

mustangglp
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
fly-boy wrote:
We all need each other if we are to keep the boogie man out of our play box.

Amen!

Just as long as we're all in agreement that two wheels are better than four!

Flame on. :B

If they just wouldn't fall over every time you stop :B
Gary

bobx2
Explorer
Explorer
And as long as all you two wheel guys keep pointing the finger at us four wheel guys, there will never be unity enough to accomplish anything. If you could get your blinders off long enough to see that one can be equally as damaging as the other, then maybe we could come together and get something done. This is not flaming, this is fact. Read through your own posts and see how you keep driving the wedge in deeper. Seriously, think before you write if you are really trying to bring the off road crowd together and unify for a cause.
Becky, Bob, Taylie and Bode
2009 Silverado Duramax/Allison
2014 Heartland Sundance XLT 245RL
2015 Polaris Sportsman 570 Touring - Mine
2015 Polaris Sportsman 570 Touring - Wifes