cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Auto Leveling

busmanRG
Explorer
Explorer
We've pretty much decided to jump from our Class C to a 5th Wheel. One feature I'm sold on is auto leveling. As I look around ,that feature isn't offered on many of the units. We've seen many of the Keystone models, but have only found them on Cougar High Country and Alpine. Are we missing any others in the Keystone line-up? Any others you would recommend? We prefer to stay under 35 feet. Our original goal was 30- 32, but we've already discovered that to get the features we want, you have to go longer. All suggestions welcome!
67 REPLIES 67

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
kennethwooster wrote:
I will do my best to stay away from Lippert. I've seen very little quality coming from Lippert.

I know that is your standard boiler plate answer to everything, and I'm not necessarily a fan of Lippert either - but most of this LCI stuff is not made by Lippert, rather just owned by Lippert. Many of these companies have a history of top quality products (i.e. Trailair, J.T Stabilizers, RV Lock, etc.) Maybe even Level-Up has a good history as a registered trademark.
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

Shepherd
Explorer
Explorer
we have the six point electric system on our unit. Haven't had any problems yet.:C
2018 Ram 3500 CC aisin/4.10
2014 Rushmore Monticello

buc1980
Explorer
Explorer
That's odd. Did they say why it wouldn't work on a Kountry Air????? Hugs, Di The FW is Kountry Star.I think that they don't know how to install the system on mt trailer.
2017 Ford F350 DRW,2005 Kountry Star 35ft,16750 lb weight on SAILUN tire,6 points LIPPERD Level-up.New Mor/ryde IS suspension install.Full body paint 2022.RV flex roof 2023

wandering1
Explorer
Explorer
That option is offered on the high end rigs. You can always get an after market auto leveler.
HR

kennethwooster
Explorer
Explorer
We have the Big Foot on our Cameo. Excellent system. Each cylinder has its own hyd. reservoir so no hyd. hoses going everywhere. Excellent system with excellent customer service. I will do my best to stay away from Lippert. I've seen very little quality coming from Lippert.
kenneth wooster- retired farmer. Biblical History Teacher in public HS, and substitute teacher.
wife Diana-adult probation officer, now retired.
31KSLS Full Body paint Cameo
Ford F350 2014 DRW 4X4 King Ranch.
20K B&W Puck mount hitch

skijlw
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 4 point system on our Jayco Eagle Premier. Easy to operate. Takes a time or two decipher the sequence needed to make it operate correctly for different situations.

jcurry2
Explorer
Explorer
We have the six point on our 2012 Montana, will never buy another rig without it. Especially like return to hitch position when ready to hook up!

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
I used to complain a bit about the length of time it took to set up a 5er compared to a MH, but with the 6 pt leveling my attitude has changed dramatically.

A few things I now do, that I never would have considered before -

• Make reservations that include me moving from one site to another when the better site becomes available.

• Reserving an electric only site that would involve me pulling out to get water and dump tanks a few times during the trip.

I even pulled into a state park and was double booked with a tenter that the ranger had given my site to by mistake before I got there. The ranger was sympathetic to my need for full hookups but this guy wasn't going to budge, even though he hadn't even unpacked. I raised my hand - don't worry about it - mine is so easy to set up I don't mind parking somewhere else until the morning. ๐Ÿ™‚
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

calewjohnson
Explorer
Explorer
I have the LCI 6 point system, even with a remote. Initially, we did not have the levelers on our list of must haves, but the fact we are leveled in about a minute is pretty awesome. We are traveling with a family that has an Elkridge without them, they spend quite a while setting up while we push the button and walk away.

Normally the wife does the unhook and leveling. Which she really enjoys now. When we are readying to leave, I can back the truck up and hook up using the controller from the cab to raise or lower the trailer. There is an auto return function for hooking up, but it only works if the trailer is leveled lower than when unhooked, it is disabled if the trailer has to go down for auto hitch, I guess it is for safety, if the system malfunctioned, it wouldn't crunch something...

Cale
TV: 2015 6.7 F350 CC LB 4x4 DRW with 14k GVWR option (4.3 gear), 98 gallon aux tank installed by Transfer Flow
New: 2014 Voltage 3950
Traded: 2014 Outback 323BH
Still Have: 2007 Fleetwood Nitrous 23ft Toy Hauler

MartyMoose
Explorer
Explorer
Have a 6 point hydraulic on ours. I couldn't see not having some kind of leveling system on a 5thW.
2014 Heartland 305RW Road Warrior

2012 Ford F250 Lariat

ours
Explorer
Explorer
Look at the Cedar Creek line. We have a Silverback with 6 point auto leveling and we love it. Very pleased with the quality of the whole 5th.
Enjoy

skar1025
Explorer
Explorer
We have a montana high country with the 4 point electric and it works great. Just hit auto level after unhooking and let it do it's thing

rattleNsmoke
Explorer
Explorer
State campgrounds are very old and unless you have a 30 footer or less, you may experience problems not only with your length, but possibly height. As others have stated, the longer units offer more floor plan choice.
2010 Cedar Creek 34SATS (The Beast) & 20k Curt Q20 roller slider hitch
2006 Ford F350 SRW,SC Powerstroke diesel Lariat

2003 Harley Heritage Softail (Hogzilla)
and a wifey with tons of patience....

SandSOrrell
Explorer
Explorer
So if you are looking in this length, you might try to find a gently used 2013 CC 30RL. There may also be few 2012 30RL's out there.

Good advice jrs1871. I would also add that you may be limiting yourself a bit too much by aiming at a length no more than 35'. Once you get to the 36' and up range, you have lots more floor plan options. Towing a longer trailer presents few, if any, additional problems, as long as you have the right tow vehicle. The only drawback of a longer trailer would be that some of the public campgrounds may be limited to shorter lengths. Most private RV parks now-days would be no problem for lengths up to 40'.

Again, good luck with your search!
Skip and Susan
2013 Cedar Creek 34 RLSA
2013 Chevy Crew Cab 3500 D/A DRW 4X4

USAF, Ret (63-83)
Vietnam (off and on 65-75)