cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Automatic Leveler Calibration

Gib3633
Explorer
Explorer
We purchased a new fifth wheel with automatic leveler system. When it is finished doing it's thing the left front corner is low. My question is , does anyone know if there is a sensor to adjust, for example similar to adjusting a head light to correct this problem?
15 REPLIES 15

bigmichael
Explorer
Explorer
WeBeFulltimers wrote:
Gib3633 wrote:
Thanks for the positive input. I had to follow the instructions for the what they called truck hauler zero adjust method . The same as fulltimer 50 stated and it worked well. This was on a 2014 Mobile Suite. They claim to have their own system but the pamphlet was from Lippert Thanks again.

Sooooooooooo....MS is using Lippert products and ashamed to admit it?! Thats FUNNY! :E

I think REDWOOD wins the prize for marketing kahunas in this regard.;) They proudly advertise that ALL their fifth wheel foundations are Falcon Fit Technology

This means the frame, pin box, axles, suspension, leveling, steps and slideouts are all Lippert, which Redwood has given their own name to. Apparently someone in Marketing didn't think that advertising that all of their fifth wheel foundation is made by Lippert would be as useful for marketing purposes. Gotta love it.
2014 F350 Lariat
2013 Excel 36 RKM
Sir Reginald the cat who lets Big Mike and Jean travel with him

wandering1
Explorer
Explorer
What did the manufacturer tell you? What does your owners manual say?
HR

Fulltimer50
Explorer
Explorer
imjustdave wrote:
On the auto level systems after the trailer is level can you
Force it to go higher? Say to get the tires off the ground? Or to make the steps in a better position.
Anyone know if the system actually knows or measures the weight for each pad?

I could see having this system and then while your walking inside hearing the springs on the axles because the tires still have some weight on them. If you can't tell this is my biggest annoyance in my current trailer, I hate movement.

After it auto levels you can move up or down how you want with in its limits. There are no weight sensors. Remember this a level system not the greatest stabilizer system. There is still movement, depending on your rig length and pad placement.
George

2011 F350 PSD CC LB 4X4 DRW Lariate
2015 Mobile Suites 41RSSB4 5th Wheel

sdetweil
Explorer
Explorer
imjustdave wrote:

no, its hydraulic.. just goes til its told to turn off (leveler or manual) or hits a limit.

you can adjust manually after the autolevel is completed.
side or front/rear.. not one jack post
2012 Ford F350 DRW, 6.7 diesel.
2013 Keystone Alpine 3720FB

Shepherd
Explorer
Explorer
All four wheels were off the ground at my last site.:C
2018 Ram 3500 CC aisin/4.10
2014 Rushmore Monticello

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer
I have the Lippert system on my current 5th wheel and after setting up today and pushing the auto-level button, the 2 door side wheels are off the ground.

So it appears there is enough travel in the system's struts to get the wheels off the ground - and I can operate it manually if I want to. So I believe the answer is 'yes'.

Tim

imjustdave
Explorer
Explorer
On the auto level systems after the trailer is level can you
Force it to go higher? Say to get the tires off the ground? Or to make the steps in a better position.

I could see having this system and then while your walking inside hearing the springs on the axles because the tires still have some weight on them. If you can't tell this is my biggest annoyance in my current trailer, I hate movement.
David

Jayco 2007 30.5 BHS ... Not sure I need the bunks now.
Dodge 2006 3500, Manual, free spin, B&W hitch.

WeBeFulltimers
Explorer
Explorer
Gib3633 wrote:
Thanks for the positive input. I had to follow the instructions for the what they called truck hauler zero adjust method . The same as fulltimer 50 stated and it worked well. This was on a 2014 Mobile Suite. They claim to have their own system but the pamphlet was from Lippert Thanks again.

Sooooooooooo....MS is using Lippert products and ashamed to admit it?! Thats FUNNY! :E

I had to calibrate my Lippert 6 point system one time and it was very easy to do. Has been flawless ever since.
2012 Ford F-350 PSD SRW ** CURT Q24 ** 2018.5 MONTANA 3791RD

Gib3633
Explorer
Explorer

Traveler_II
Explorer
Explorer
If you have the Big Foot system it might be best to contact them at: https://shop.thebigfootleveler.com/contactus.sc

We have an older system than George's and for us we need to press REAR 10 times only and level just as he does but when we're done we push REAR 3 times. I think they have different set ups for different changes they have made over the years.

Big Foot people are great people to talk to with any questions, if in fact that is the system you have.
2011 Cameo 34SB3
2014 Ford 350 King Ranch, Trailer Saver BD3 Air Hitch, Mor/Ryde pin box, IS Suspension, Disk Brakes
Nights Camped in 2012 - 142
Nights Camped in 2013 - 186
Nights Camped in 2014 - 185
Nights Camped in 2015 - 231
Nights Camped in 2016 - 162

Fulltimer50
Explorer
Explorer
Try this from bigfootleveler.com:

Operation Instructions
Set-up #1: Programming Your Sensor
1. Turn panel OFF, press FRONT 10 times, then press REAR 10 times.
2. Follow the instructions on the screen for selecting ONE sensor using the arrows on the
left side of the panel.
3. Place a carpenterโ€™s level on the inside of your trailer (countertop, refrigerator or floor).
4. Manually operate by pressing FRONT, RIGHT, LEFT & REAR buttons to get the trailer level
from front to back and side to side.
5. Once level in both directions press ENTER. Youโ€™re done.

From this point forward when you press AUTO LEVEL your trailer will return to this position.
George

2011 F350 PSD CC LB 4X4 DRW Lariate
2015 Mobile Suites 41RSSB4 5th Wheel

kennethwooster
Explorer
Explorer
I have the Big Foot and it was not level. I called the factory and they faxed me the instructions. It was a very easy process, and all was at it should be.
kenneth wooster- retired farmer. Biblical History Teacher in public HS, and substitute teacher.
wife Diana-adult probation officer, now retired.
31KSLS Full Body paint Cameo
Ford F350 2014 DRW 4X4 King Ranch.
20K B&W Puck mount hitch

Traveler_II
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure which system you have, with our Big Foot system you can program so that it's level. Depend on the model you have it's listed in the manual on how to do it. It's a simple procedure.
2011 Cameo 34SB3
2014 Ford 350 King Ranch, Trailer Saver BD3 Air Hitch, Mor/Ryde pin box, IS Suspension, Disk Brakes
Nights Camped in 2012 - 142
Nights Camped in 2013 - 186
Nights Camped in 2014 - 185
Nights Camped in 2015 - 231
Nights Camped in 2016 - 162

lakeside013104
Explorer
Explorer
Check your owner's manual for the leveler system. I have the six point Lippet auto level system and there are instructions on how to calibrate the system to ZERO. I have done it one time and after many levelings of the RV it has not been out of level since that adjustment. Good luck.

Lakeside