cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Avalanche 300 RE 2017

bapple
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking at purchasing a 2017 Avalanche 300 RE and would like any comments or feed back on this brand of 5th wheel. Thank you for your help.
2 REPLIES 2

bapple
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for comments they will be very helpful in making our decision.

Norskeman
Explorer
Explorer
Can not talk about that floor. We looked at the 300RE but decided to purchased a 2017 Keystone Avalanche Model 320RS in April. Have been on a few 4 day trips at state parks and a 4 day dry camp trip at Watkins Glen race Track.

Items we like:
Large storage compartments
King size bed
Good sized shower
Kitchen Island
18 cu ft Four Door Refer
G Rated Tires
Fireplace
Dual A/C Package
Six Point Auto Leveling
Nice living room layout - chairs opposite to the TV
Good sized tri-fold sofa - makes into a nice sized bed - large enough for 2 adults.

Only few issues to date:
1.One of the MCD shades won't retract. I think it will be an easy fix
2. Door between bathroom and bedroom. End roller was disconnected from the door. Removed the door, reattached the roller and adjusted the door stop.
3. Compartment door โ€“ โ€œwaterโ€ side. The door was making a popping noise when it was opened and closed. I found that the end rivet had pulled from the door hinge where it attached to the door (back end of door). The 60 lb. shocks are too strong for the application. Over time the complete hinge will fail. I replaced the 2 shocks with a 40 lb. and 15 lb. shock (had spares from a previous RV). I installed pop rivets on each end of the door hinge. One to replace the one pulled from the door and the other end for added assurance. The door hinge is no longer over-stressed and door stays open fine.
4. The entry door latch area was not cut our properly at the factory. Door would not latch properly and the dead bolt was not latching properly. I cut out. Seal and painted the latch area. The door latches and locks properly
5. Checked the location and operation of the water pump. It had a leak at the suction filter. Removed the filter, cleaned the O-ring and re-installed the suction filter. Ran the pump and no leakage noted.
6. Sealed the front compartment โ€“ appears that โ€œwater sprayโ€ must have entered the compartment at some time as it traveled down the road.
7. Rear area of the refrigerator was not sealed like I have seen on other refrigerators. Sealed area and painted the wood for preservation.
2017 Keystone Avalanche 320RS
TV - 2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4