cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

awning on slide out

trickto322
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Montana 3611rl that has a slide next to the entry door. We would like to put awning on the slide. The problem is the 10 foot awning looks to small and the 11 foot looks better however, the 11 foot bottom brackets (hard to explain) has two screws holding it to the slide. One screw goes into the slide and the other goes into the trim piece around slide. I am wondering if this would work?
3 REPLIES 3

shepstone
Explorer
Explorer
Wouldnt that put a lot of stress on the slideout? I've already had to have ours adjusted because it got out of square
2017 F350 Ruby Red Super Cab Dually 6.7 3.55 gears. B&W Companion 25K. BackRack. Gatorback mud guards. AUX65FCBRG aux tank. 2021 GD 380fl
2010 GMC Savanna 3500 extended 6.0

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
I'm assuming you are installing a manual awning? That bottom bracket takes a beating and holds a lot of weight from that awning. I don't think that trim would do you any good. Much better off going with the 10' if that keeps the brackets in the wall area.
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
if you go to u tube and look up rv geeks awning replacement they have two videos on how to do that. they also have a web site for you to order awning material from an out fit that has very high quality awning materials. also will show you how to measure for ordering and installing the awning