Fifth Wheel Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Generator break in?

Does a brand new generator need a break in period? The genny in our new Attitude (5500 on an) quit after running 30-45 minutes. Would not restart, when I opened the door to the compartment it was very hot. It did flash codes but the factory paperwork...

Dwight45 by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Camping?

Hey everyone, looking for some options here. I live in Simi Valley,ca. I'm 28 and I am a union carpenter, doing rough carpentry building bridges and high rise buildings. Being that I have an unpredictable busy schedule. It's hard to plan and book/re...

kjk66ss by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Television antenna

I am in a park with no cable, hoisted the antenna and did the scan, no channels available. I went out and happened to look up, and my antenna is missing! I am sure I bought it down last time out, in fact I raised it a few minuets before, so it had to...

Jayco Seismic Wave or Keystone Fusion Chrome?

Looking at TH's and really interested in the Jayco Seismic Wave (3912) and the Keystone Fuzion Chrome 401 model....both 2015 models....Before any bickering or bartering, Camping World in Hendersonville NC is asking 78,995 for the Jayco SW 3912 and C...

Fifth wheel dolly?

Anyone make a power, castering dolly similar to those sold for trailers that can be used on fifths? The better half is house hunting, and while we've seen some interesting properties, only a few have potential for parking the fifth next to the house...

Flapper by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Interior width

Are any of the wide body travel trailer haulers wide enough to put 2 ATV's in side by side??

kserkes by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Carriage by Cameo 5ers

I am considering a Carriage by Cameo 5er. This particular one is a 2002, has 3 slides, and 32 ft long. I know nothing about them, but they look like an upscale model. Does anyone have any information about problems or where they stand in the best ...

JW651949 by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Alfa basement heat pump

Just acquired a 1998 Alfa Gold 38RLT fifth wheel. Like new condition, stored several years. One problem I've found is the heat pump (basement unit) primary stage (first compressor and condenser fan) will NOT shut off, only if I turn off the breaker...

takpak by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My "Toy Hauler" refurbish...

I have an enclosed motorcycle trailer that I'm coverting into a mobile work room along with the ability to haul a motorcycle or two.I'm about 75% done and you can see my progress on my websitehttp://rvbprecision.com/shooting/reloading-motorcycle-stor...

Replace suburban SW12DE with Atwood On Demand?

Hello all, We are finding the water heater in our new coach leaves a bit to be desired. We prefer longer showers, and the recovery rate does not permit this. Our old trailer if you had both power and gas heaters on, provided an ample source of hot wa...

-lenny- by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

fender flares

Had a blowout on our 2008 Sunny brook Bristol Bay and need to replace the fender flares. Anybody know of a company that sells them. good customer service, good prices. Thanks in advance!

Newby Questions

Hello all. We are shopping for our first 5th wheel.We have been looking at 30' to 35' trailers. Some people have told us that anything over 25' to 27' will really restrict us to certain campgrounds. We want creature comforts but we also want the f...

TCRLS by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Rear tire pressure dually

Just changed from a TT with 1200lb tongue weight to a fifth w approx 4000 pin weight. Haven't gotten to the scale yet. I'm confused.... placard on truck door says tires rated at 2660lbs at 65psi for rear duallies. Michelin load rating says 2778 at 80...

Obewan by Explorer
  • 44 replies
  • 0 likes

2016 Wildcat #242RLX

Looking at new 2016 5th wheel Wild Cat made by Forest River. Would appreciate any comments on this rig. Was told axel on some Forest River products were undersized causing serious sway and wear on wheels. Drove a Hitchhiker for years Canada to Guat...

AustinS by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes