cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bigger motors on slideouts for voltages?

aarondeere
Explorer
Explorer
I was at the dealer the other day and a salesman mentioned that the new voltages coming out have larger more powerful motors on the slideouts than the ones on my 2012 model. He said they move in smoother and look to run the slides more powerfully. Of course the one on their lot didn't have the battery hooked up so I couldn't see for myself. Now I've had one motor fail on my bedroom slideout and that is the small one of the 2 slides I have so I'm always interested in if there are improvements. Also if another one would fail and if this is true, would I be able to get the larger motors.
Aaron
2010 Dodge 3500
2012 Voltage 3600 Epic
20 REPLIES 20

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
Dunno. The originals in my 2011 work perfectly once I learned to lubricate properly.

aarondeere
Explorer
Explorer
I'm sorry for the confusion. The dealer said the 2014 model Dutchmen Voltage toyhaulers have more powerful motors to run the schwintek slide outs. Is this true?
Aaron
2010 Dodge 3500
2012 Voltage 3600 Epic

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

I think he means a brand of RV called a Voltage.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Look under the slide and see if the motor looks the same as your motor.

Alfred622
Explorer
Explorer
Rather than larger voltages, I wonder if this is referring to a larger motor that takes more current (amps)? We've had the 12 volt standard for consumer mobile for a long time so, while it is possible a vendor could be on a 24 volt power bank, that would seem unlikely.
Alfred
2005 Sightseer with Workhorse, ReadyBrute Elite towing 2003 Honda CRV
Map below shows states where we actually camped.....

Capn_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
aarondeere,

Could you explain what you mean by new voltages coming out. Are they using 24,32,36 volt motors now.

Thanks
Dave