cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bike Carriers

Allreds_Fifth_W
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking for an inexpensive bike carrier, the type that goes in a hitch receiver.I am looking on eTrailer.com and bikecarriers.us they seem to have the best prices, does anybody have experience with either company and are they good?
10 REPLIES 10

Dumoldles
Explorer
Explorer
Amazon, Swagman.

Denny___Jami
Explorer
Explorer
I ordered our Swagman from Amazon 6 years ago and after thousands of miles on some of the not the best roads it's still going strong but with a new paint job.

Denny
2013 F350 SC DRW 6.2 V8 4.30 gears Air Lifts
2003 HitchHiker Premier 35FKTG 215/75/17.5 Goodyear G114 Tires

is_it_friday_ye
Explorer
Explorer
Check Craigslist. If you were closer to me, I'd sell you my Thule 4 bike carrier at a good price. I no longer use it.
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins SRW, Airlift airbags, Bilstein shocks, Smarty Jr., stainless turbo back exhaust, B&W Patriot 18K

2015 Grand Design Momentum 328M, disc brakes, Progressive Industries 50 amp EMS

illinoiswoodwor
Explorer
Explorer
I ordered my Swagman bike carrier, a hitch for my minivan and even the wheels for my 5ver when I upgrade to 16" from etrailer. I was pleased with their service and will buy from them again. I purchased the XC that comes with the receiver that you bolt to the rear bumper. I had my spare also mounted on the bumper. I removed the spare from the bumper and installed a lift under the front end of the trailer to carry the spare underneath. I figured the weight of the bike rack and my bikes were not any heavier then the spare and it's hanger. This Swagman carrier has a bolt that when you put it in the receiver it has zero bounce the bike rack. I am totally pleased with the rack.

allimax
Explorer
Explorer
I bought my Bilsteins from etrailer. No issues.
2010 Montana 3455SA
Mor/Ride kingpin, wet bolts, Progressive Ind. HW-50C EMS,TST 507RV TPMS, GY G614's
'07.5 Silverado D/A LMM 3500HD
Extended Cab DRW 4x4 LTZ
Bilstein, Reese R20, Banks Economind tuner, Speedbrake, RamAir, Monster exhaust

eileenenriquez
Explorer
Explorer
It is also called as bike rack. You can get it better online from Amazon. There you will definitely get it.

SDcampowneroper
Explorer
Explorer
Swagman is working on a pin box rack to fit standard 12" pin boxes, with nitrogen strut power assist lift. It will lift your bikes high enough for clearance even in a short bed, yet with one hand pull them down to ground level for loading and unloading.
Contact swagmans director of sales for more.
dave@swagman.net

RinconVTR
Explorer
Explorer
I own two Swagmans because they are the only brand to allow use on RV's. Granted this will void the warranty. But other brands strictly and clearly state not to use them on RV's.

gat75
Explorer
Explorer
Allreds Fifth Wheel wrote:
I am looking for an inexpensive bike carrier, the type that goes in a hitch receiver.I am looking on eTrailer.com and bikecarriers.us they seem to have the best prices, does anybody have experience with either company and are they good?

Bought snow chains & a Reese 5v hitch from etrailer. Also ordered a spare wheel while camping at S Dakota's M Rushmore, they forwarded it to a campground at Yellowstone.

One of the new alum wheels on the trailer had a pin hole in the casting.

They have always treated me just fine. Had no issues with none of the transactions.

flyfishing48
Explorer
Explorer
Can't speak to the companies selling but if you are looking at the swagman bike rack.... We have had one for several years and it has been on 2 different 5th wheels and trucks. I have had several bike carriers, and this is THE ONE FOR ME. It works on the 5 er, it works on the truck and it works on the Equanox. Bikes load and unload quick and easy.
Gloria & Tom::R
Chevy 2500 Crew Cab Duramax
Cougar 24 RDS
B&W Companion Hitch