cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bolts in floor

RazorKQ
Explorer
Explorer
IT looks like I have some bolts starting to come up from the floor (bumps in the flooring). What is the best way to access them? Would I remove the flooring on top or remove the insulation from underneath? I want to choose the correct path as to not cause me any issues. Thanks
2005 Suzuki King Quad Yellow
2005 Suzuki King Quad Red
2010 KTM 690 Enduro R
2012 Polaris RZR 50"
2015 Wildcat 4X LTD
2011 Ford F350 6.7 Lariat
Mirage Enclosed Trailer
2007 FB2500 RAGE'N Toyhauler
Pack it in...Pack it out +5
4 REPLIES 4

RazorKQ
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks folks. I will pull the flooring and see what I can do. The problem is I have one coming through the vinyl flooring up front also. I probably can't cut around that one. Thanks for the responses and I am glad someone else has/had the exact same issue and opened it up to see what the cause was. Thanks again.
2005 Suzuki King Quad Yellow
2005 Suzuki King Quad Red
2010 KTM 690 Enduro R
2012 Polaris RZR 50"
2015 Wildcat 4X LTD
2011 Ford F350 6.7 Lariat
Mirage Enclosed Trailer
2007 FB2500 RAGE'N Toyhauler
Pack it in...Pack it out +5

2BlueHeelers
Explorer
Explorer
I've had the same problem for about 5 years now and unfortunately these are large self tapping screws that backing out if the frame. This is how they chose to secure the floor to the frame.
I originally cut the vinyl flooring in an L shape, removed the screw, filled the hole with liquid nails, reset the screw and then used a vinyl seam seal kit to close up the vinyl. I did this for the first 3 I found but the seam seal does not hold well. Probably operator error :(. Now I just cut a hole in the vinyl the size of the screw head, complete the usual process and seal the hole with a countersunk washer to keep the flooring in place. I have 6 or 7 like this with 3 or 4 more that will be addressed this year. On the bright side, at this rate I will have done them all by next year!:R All I can say is thank god for carpeting, it hides everything.

I thought is was just my Rage'n that had this problem but I'm hearing more about it sad to say.
2008 Phaeton 36QSH

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
Y-Guy wrote:
That's very odd. I think you're better of starting below, see if you can tighten the nut (assuming it's below at least) you could hold the bolt from below too, depending on how much room there is. Might add a nylock nut underneath too so it doesn't back out again.

+1
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
“A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” Lao Tzu

Y-Guy
That's very odd. I think you're better of starting below, see if you can tighten the nut (assuming it's below at least) you could hold the bolt from below too, depending on how much room there is. Might add a nylock nut underneath too so it doesn't back out again.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon