cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

campfire-in-a-can-campfires

Bakersfield
Explorer
Explorer
If you happen to use your toy hauler where fires are allowed, this is a neat idea here
9 REPLIES 9

Y-Guy
Dirtclods wrote:
There real nice and when no one has a fire and they see yours at a distance they get a littler closer to figure out what's burning in your campfire. I place ours right in the ring if there is one or a rock one in the dez.

LMAO - So few years ago July, desert in Oregon. Camping, no fires of course. I ask the Sheriff out where we're camping if it's ok, he says yes. I invite him back after he's off duty for a few adult beverages to say thanks for saving my butt a couple years ago after rolling our ATV. So we're having a nice time and one of the other guys working up there comes up screaming and yelling at me that I'm in violation of the rules yadda yadda, until he got about 20' from the fire pit and sees our little red can and the off duty sheriff sitting there. He said he'd had no less then half dozen complaints about our "fire" - next day I made a point to show it to the other campers and invite some of them over for that evening.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

akcooper9
Explorer
Explorer
My washing machine drum burns great and it was free

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer

Robin1953
Explorer
Explorer
Is this wood burner made by the same company that makes the propane Campfire In A Can?
2015 Grand Design Solitude 320X
2016 Ram 3500 DRW and Cummins

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
Campfire in a can:

When it's a high fire alert in CA and you cannot have a fire or your in an RV park with no campfires. There real nice and when no one has a fire and they see yours at a distance they get a littler closer to figure out what's burning in your campfire. I place ours right in the ring if there is one or a rock one in the dez. And if your up early like me in the winter months and your working on your toys in the garage at home or in the dez outside, I fire mine up to warm my buttocks.
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

Y-Guy
We've owned a Little Red Campfire Portable Campfire for a number of years. By no means is it a replacement for a campfire, but when the restrictions hit it does great. I've used it under our awning, even in a trailer with the ramp down and the vent open.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
That's a lot more complex than their original design. So many parts to keep track of.

We bought two of the original CampFire in A Can models many years ago at Quartzite. They are nice and compact with only three parts. At that time they were designed to use a Duraflame type log but could be used to burn kindling and smaller wood.

It was handy to put the lid on it to smother the fire and go to bed when you wanted instead of waiting out the fire. You could use what was left of the log the next night...no waste.

byrdr1
Explorer
Explorer
A whole new design over my campfire in a can.
Mine uses propane and ceramic wood top/
randy

2014 F-350 SRW CC/LWB 4X4 6.7PSD

2011 Keystone Cougar 327RES
Happy Campin'
Randy
Piedmont area of NC

Helimech
Explorer
Explorer
Great little item, but what does having a toy hauler have to do with it?