Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cedar Creek and quality control??

ivbinconned
Explorer II
Explorer II
09 tsa 34.
Pulled bottom panels off because of water leak and I was not impressed with a number of issues. The 12 feet of water tank hose hung from point to point like a hammock does. Breaking at one point. No wonder it didn't fill very easy.
Likewise did the 12 feet of tank vent hose which I cut and then pointed towards the ground. Also bottom of tank was bowed like a hammock still containing 5 or more undrained gallons. 12 feet is a long ways for the pump to suck too!! This I did not change. Wish there was a way to address this. If the trailer sits for a week with 1/3 tank it looses prime. Maddening!!
Next I descovered a stability cross member had not been welded on one side to frame.
Many small holes also not sealed. I guess so critters could make them selves at home.

But it gets worse.
The heavy electrical wire running from back of trailer towards the front rests on the several sharp edges of the angle iron crossmembers. Having already worn nearly through at two locations. It would have been just a matter of when... apon plugging in the sparks would fly resulting in a diasterious fire.
How many trailers are out there with this possibly dangerous situation a reality.
I fixed all these issues but how easy it would have been to do this correctly at the manufacturing stage.
Kinda disappointed.
Ram and 34 ft Cedar Creek
4 REPLIES 4

Old_Days
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would look at Lance or Arctic Fox Trailers,better quality.

ivbinconned
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for the comments. The very dangerous wearing through of the electrical wires is the most egregious. Sad that all the issues I mentioned would not add a half hour of work at manufacturing stage.
If I was buying new I think I'd like to be there and inspect at stages of build.
Ram and 34 ft Cedar Creek

jrs1871
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to the world of RVs across the board. You will find similar types of issues on some units from any of the brands, economy models to luxury units. Cedar Creek is no better nor no worse than any of the others. The design of elements of the systems, such as your water lines or the placement of electrical wiring, leaves you shaking your head. Common sense tells you that is not a good design. But they do it anyway. Why? Time and money.
I have always felt that the folks that design these units should be required to live in them for a month using them as we do. Use them in full hookups and in dry camping venues. Cook all your meals, watch the telly, use the bathroom facilities, etc. Just maybe they would figure out that what looks good at first glance isn't worth a tinkers dam in use.

DKRITTER
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to FR.

They are interested in getting units out the door and the bottom line. We as a group are willing to accept this treatment and continue to purchase trailer after trailer.

Customer service is something we know nothing of today, as a general rule all we are doing is annoying people who are in customer service. The DMV is usually better.
2015 F350 CC SRW LB
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS (My last FR Product)
20,000lb Reese Goose Box