cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ceiling repair after collision...

Diesel_Camper
Explorer
Explorer

I'm looking for advice on fixing these gouges and scratches in our ceiling. These were caused by a collision that pushed the interior wall panels into the ceiling which has a slight sag due to preexisting water damage. The leaks were fixed and the ceiling panels were otherwise unblemished so we decided to live with the sag. I'm hesitant to just spackle it and the shop that fixed the collision damage didn't want to touch it unless we authorized a full replacement of the panel (which we didn't). They gave me some ceiling tape I could stick over it, but I was hoping for some suggestions that might blend a little better...
2 REPLIES 2

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
You might try just spraying it with some Kilz. It might blend the area nicely.

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
I'd tape and knock-down or orange peel texture it just like a home ceiling. Most RV ceilings can be done with two to three cans of texture material

Knock Down Ceiling Texture

Tape up all seams with drywall tape. Fill in holes with spray foam, sand flat and cover with drywall tape. Spray on the ceiling texture. Let sit for 15 minutes. Run a rubber squeegee over it. Let dry, then paint to the color of your choice.
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)