cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Combo Washer Dryer

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
We are full-timers and are thinking of getting a washer dryer combo unit. I would like to know what percentage of full-timers have a washer and or washer/dryer combo unit in there RV. I am trying to figure if it is really worth getting one. We know what we want if we get one. Also, I know that it can not be used if you are at a CG that has no sewer, and you would have to use pay anyway.
Thanks for your input.
21 REPLIES 21

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thanks all. I believe my question is answered. We called the factory yesterday to see if we could get a dent model. There is nothing available for us now, but the saving would be well worth the wait. Thanks again all...:)

paulcardoza
Explorer
Explorer
We wouldn't be without onboard laundry.

First choice is stackable separate units. Allows for the most flexibility and least amount of time spent managing laundry.

Second choice - VENTED combo unit. Works well, but requires smaller load sizes. Even the vented combo units have longish cycle times.

Last choice - Ventless unit. Takes forever and works best with even smaller loads than the vented model. I would avoid this if at all possible.
Paul & Sandra
Plymouth, MA
2014 Heartland Cyclone 4100 King

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
No negatives at all....Love the machine, it works flawlessly. Actually, I tell my wife she uses it too much but with three small dogs we seem to always have something to wash. VERY Happy with it!
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
Acampingwewillgo wrote:
Our MH had one in it when I purchased it but I said, "we'll never use that" and took it out. Well, 12 year's later, I just installed a new vented 2100XC, and the wife loves it. She generally uses it every day when we have hook up's keeping the loads small. No more runs to the laundry. And since I mentioned this on the last thread regarding washer/dryer's, you can contact Splendide(Tony, in Oregon) and see about a scratch and dent unit. We got ours this way, saved close to 700.00 dollars and the slight damage is not noticeable at all.

I remember your answer to my blog. We are on the waiting list for a dented unit, but I just wanted to be sure before we spent the $$ for one. See if there were any negatives other than closet space. Right now we are in Grand Isle, LA volunteering and there is no sewer, but this is the first place w/o full hook-up.

Itching2go
Explorer II
Explorer II
GoPackGo wrote:
I full time and have the vented Splendide separates. I would not full time without them. I had a washer and dryer in my sticks and bricks home that I lived in full time - why would I want to start using a laundromat now ? They make laundry effortless.

Even with small loads it makes no difference. I put a load in and go off somewhere. When I get back, clothes go into the dryer. E A S Y ! They are in a closet, next to the laundry bag. Drawers and closets are 2 steps away from the dryer.

Also, you don't need to be hooked up to a sewer, but I'll admit it's preferable. Mine does not use much water - it's one of the new type High Efficiency ones. So check the water usage on the model before buying and know which grey water tank it will dump to (if more then one tank), and water level in the tank. Mine shares a tank with the shower and bathroom sink. If I'm not hooked to sewer, I just take showers in the CG facilities and limit sink usage.

* My .02 - - - Get the vented model !!!!

X2 on all of this. We have a Splendide unit and use it a lot, even when not connected to a sewer. It doesn't use much water, so doesn't fill up our grey water tank(s) too much. That being said, I wouldn't use it if camping without hookups for more than a few days without dumping the tanks.
2008 Jayco Designer 35RLSA pulled by a 2007 Chevy 3500 D/A SRW

Nolan
Explorer
Explorer
full-timing and it was a must when we ordered our trailer.

NHIrish
Explorer
Explorer
Half timing and it is a must have.
2016 Heartland Bighorn 3270RS

2010 Carriage Cameo 32-FwS
2008 Carriage Cameo
2006 Keystone Cougar
2005 Keystone Zeppelin
1999 Coachmen Catalina

2017 Ford F350 Powerstroke
Curt Q25

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock
:W

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
Nutinelse2do wrote:
Vented Splendide 2100xc. Wouldn't be without it. I'll give up the closet space any day to have it.

Same one we have and , Lord willing, we will start full timing in Aug-Sept time frame..
Jim & Kathy, (Boxers, Buddy & Sheba)
2016 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn 4X4/CC/LB/Aisin/4.10/rear air assist ...Pearl White.
2016 DRV MS 36RSSB3/ W&D/ slide toppers/ DTV satellite/ 5.5K Onan propane gen.
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer
I full time and have the vented Splendide separates. I would not full time without them. I had a washer and dryer in my sticks and bricks home that I lived in full time - why would I want to start using a laundromat now ? They make laundry effortless.

Even with small loads it makes no difference. I put a load in and go off somewhere. When I get back, clothes go into the dryer. E A S Y ! They are in a closet, next to the laundry bag. Drawers and closets are 2 steps away from the dryer.

Also, you don't need to be hooked up to a sewer, but I'll admit it's preferable. Mine does not use much water - it's one of the new type High Efficiency ones. So check the water usage on the model before buying and know which grey water tank it will dump to (if more then one tank), and water level in the tank. Mine shares a tank with the shower and bathroom sink. If I'm not hooked to sewer, I just take showers in the CG facilities and limit sink usage.

* My .02 - - - Get the vented model !!!!

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our MH had one in it when I purchased it but I said, "we'll never use that" and took it out. Well, 12 year's later, I just installed a new vented 2100XC, and the wife loves it. She generally uses it every day when we have hook up's keeping the loads small. No more runs to the laundry. And since I mentioned this on the last thread regarding washer/dryer's, you can contact Splendide(Tony, in Oregon) and see about a scratch and dent unit. We got ours this way, saved close to 700.00 dollars and the slight damage is not noticeable at all.
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
We had a vented combo when we full timed. Small loads. Not really practical. We are out about 4 to 5 months now. We have vented stacked units. They are great. Don't have to run back and forth to laundry. Throw a load in while we are doing other things. Throw our wet towels in so they can dry quickly.

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
Vented Splendide 2100xc. Wouldn't be without it. I'll give up the closet space any day to have it.
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
X5 on liking our 2100XC.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
Been using a vented combo for 11 years. I wouldn't be without it. So convienent.
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad
jrparr@att.net
602-321-8141
K7OU - Amateur Radio
Kenwood Radios
ARRL, W5YI, & LARC VE
SKYWARN Weather Spotter