cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Covering my Montana High country 338DB

JCasper
Explorer
Explorer
I was hoping to get my pole barn RV shed built this fall but it's just not going to happen. It will be done in the spring for sure.

To get my Fifth wheel out of the rain for the winter I want to cover it. I see lots of posts on here about covers.

Will and Adco cover from camping world or Amazon be OK for me for 1 winter in our wet Oregon climate? What's your opinions?
5 REPLIES 5

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
I use a Sunshield tarp with black side up and hold it down with boat fenders half filled with sand.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
JCasper wrote:
I was hoping to get my pole barn RV shed built this fall but it's just not going to happen. It will be done in the spring for sure.

To get my Fifth wheel out of the rain for the winter I want to cover it. I see lots of posts on here about covers.

Will and Adco cover from camping world or Amazon be OK for me for 1 winter in our wet Oregon climate? What's your opinions?

I would not bother!!
We don't cover our Copper Canyon, and it is just fine no issues for the three winters we have had it.
That said we also use it all year round, so the cover becomes a hassle.

We had a cover for our old 86 King of the Road and at 28' it was none to light to get to the roof. you have 37'+ not going to be fun.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

therink
Explorer
Explorer
My fiver is 37 feet. I use a 20' x 40' heavy duty (gray) tarp. Been using the same tarp for about 6 years. If it is put on correctly, it is tight and does not damage the exterior of the RV.
Steve Rinker
Rochester, NY
2013 Keystone Sydney 340FBH 5th Wheel, 12,280 lbs loaded (scale)
2015.5 GMC Sierra Denali 3500, SRW, Duramax, CC, Payload 3,700 (sticker- not scaled yet)

Take my posts for what they are, opinions based on my own experiences.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
It will certainly keep your RV in better shape to cover it but for one season I'm not sure the cost of an ADCO is worth it. It would not be to me and I'm an ardent supporter of using a cover.
Of course, the cost factor is up to you. If money isn't an object then go for it.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
For one rainy season (not snow I'm assuming), I wouldn't bother with a cover. Save the $400 and apply it to your RV shed next spring.