cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curt A25 Hitch

Heff560
Explorer
Explorer
Our new to us 2018 KZ 2500 Durango came to us with a Curt A25 hitch. I am looking at different trucks to pull my Durango utilizing the A25 hitch. Do you know if you can attach the A25 on a slider base to use in a short box truck? Currently, the hitch is attached to a set of legs that are made for a Super Duty Ford, long box puck system.

Thanks.....
3 REPLIES 3

Heff560
Explorer
Explorer
I called Curt Customer Service and talked with Jason who was very helpful. He confirmed the Curt A25 w/legs for Ford F350 puck system will fit in either short/long Ford beds newer than 2011. Curt also makes a slider (#16020) that can use the A25 head I currently own. Etrailer has the slider for about $850. Thanks for the information.....

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
I would contact Curt 1-800 number and get the straight facts for that year model hitch...truck....and trailer.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
If you get a Ford truck, that the hitch puck system fits, even a standard, not long bed, you should not need a slider anyway. These newer FWs are designed for clearance with bed lengths 6.5'.

To answer question, I don't think you can attach that puck mount to a slider base. You could maybe use the head, jaw portion, and attach to a Curt slider?

Jerry