cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Designer 35RLTS and Jayco Talk...Thanks Frank!!

sanderson_66
Explorer
Explorer
Since there does not currently seem to be a Jayco owners forum, Moderator Frank has graciously allowed this thread. It will be for discussing Jayco related questions and comments. Anything not Jayco related will be deleted. Sounds more than fair to me. Thank-you Frank!
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie, CTD 6.7, 6 speed auto,DRW,QC,LB,4X4
2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS
1,450 REPLIES 1,450

CHV_FRK
Explorer
Explorer
Aux/Sat is where you connect it to if you are attaching from the side of the trailer. The separate plate connection is for the rough in for the roof.
Dana and Natalie

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500HD High Country DRW CC LB 4x4
-60 Aux Tank/Toolbox, Line-X, Full Tint, AirSafe 25K Hitch

2018 Jayco Seismic 4113, 45'7", 17,800lbs w/o the Toys.

Johnson_Family
Explorer
Explorer
Can someone help me with an issue, I have a 35 RLTS. I just got a satellite on a tripod, which spot do I connect the receiver to (aux/sat or roof sat) that is in the compartment with the DVD? Do I connect the cable from sat to the sat coax on the side of trailer? What input do I put he TV on to tune in the signal.

Thanks

loydt
Explorer
Explorer
I had to make the same decision when I ordered my new 35RLTS. They were cheaper but my dealer came close enough so I stayed with them. They have always treated me with top notch care so it was an easy decision. They have always worked with me on items I needed as has Jayco. I consider them to all be good friends of mine, and that is hard to find. Brought mine home from there yesterday. Took it in for a few minor fixes before warranty expires next week. Hard to believe it has been 2 years!!

Yes, the Designer is going away and they are making a higher end 5th wheel in its place. Can't remember the name, though?
2021 Jayco Seismic 4212 (on order)
2021 Jayco White Hawk 32BH
2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4x4 CC Cummins/Aisin Laramie Longhorn

mwebber78
Explorer
Explorer
A local dealer is nice to have but if your a snowbird or full-timer a local dealer is not even a consideration. Saving several thousand dollarss is, on the other hand!
2013 Jayco Eagle 334RBTS
Disclaimer for the daft: Don't confuse my opinion with facts.

Just_campin
Explorer
Explorer
I picked my designer from RV Direct in january, went as planned and beat the local dealer by over 10k
2010 Jayco Designer 35rlts
MorRyde hitch and suspension
2003 Dodge 3500 6 speed, exhaust brake
Curt Q5 20k Hitch

Travlingman
Explorer II
Explorer II
thisisme wrote:
Just got a call from our Jayco dealer and he stated that 2010 is the last year for Designers so if we want one - we should get our order in soon. He mentioned that the RLTS will be available in the Eagle line.

Anyone else hear this?

Have heard from 3 dealers that this is the last year for the Designer. Eagle is being upgraded with some of the Designer options. Haven't heard if Jayco is going to come out with a high end fiver or not. Maybe the Legacy might come back?
2017 F-350 King Ranch DRW
2014 Landmark Savannah(sold)
2022 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4

Hoops
Explorer
Explorer
Another thing to consider is will the local Jayco dealer do any work you might have to have done. That could be worth the extra 3100 dollars. Just something else to throw out there to think about.
The Hoops. ED and Becky
Missy our little Bichon
2004 F350 V10
2005 Jayco Legacy 38RDQS

thisisme
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all. Been looking at this model for almost a year and we're almost ready to make the plunge. Just got a call from our Jayco dealer and he stated that 2010 is the last year for Designers so if we want one - we should get our order in soon. He mentioned that the RLTS will be available in the Eagle line.

Anyone else hear this?

Another topic - got a quote from the dealer at an RV Show for the RLTS with a trade for our 1998 5er. Next got a quote from RV Direct. Went back to local dealer to see what he could do. Dealer dropped price of RLTS to withing $4000 of RV Direct but also lowered the trade-in value by $2560 so the difference between the first quote and second quote including trade is $3105. We're torn on what to do. Would like to give the local guy our business but the RVDirect quote is lower than the local dealer price with our trade. RV Direct won't trade so if we go with them we might get stuck with 2 units if we can't sell on our own. Ultimately - I know we need to make this decision on our own but I'd like to hear your 2 cents.

Thanks!

USA_in_a_Chevro
Explorer
Explorer
L&MMusic wrote:
Forgive me if this has been addressed before. We've been having some water build-up in the refrigerator tray. It usually occured when we moved. No big deal. Lately, it's been happening a lot while we're parked. So, I did some looking around here on RV.Net and found the suggestion that the drainage hose might be blocked. Guess what? Ours was plugged shut (with a plug!) Two years and who knew?
You don't suppose the plug is supposed to be there?

The plug is supposed to be there. It has a hole in the end of it. It's purpose is to prevent warm air & moisture from being drawn into the refrigerator. If you get water or ice in the tray in the refrigerator, remove the plug & clean it with a sewing needle & put it back in. If the problem continues, pour a small amount of water with a couple of drops of bleach in it into the tray in the refigerator after you've cleaned the plug & the bleach will kill the mold that is stopping up the plug.

CHV_FRK
Explorer
Explorer
35RLTS SPOTTING!!! I-10 in Texas!

L&MMUSIC and I passed each other yesterday in between Houston and San Antonio. Matching white truck, albeit Ford vs. Chevy, look very good with our Designers!

Rig is working well but my wife did notice one thing this morning. On the top rear of the Theford toilet there is an assembly that ties directly into the sprayer. There is a little nipple on the left side which it looks like you could attach an overflow hose. It is dripping, mostly when you are fill/flushing. Then it still drips a couple of times after you flush. Has anyone else noticed this and maybe replaced this assembly?

On the refridgerator drain plug, I think it's to limit spiders getting in there and plugging it up. Ours looked clear, but I have also had ours freeze up one time.
Dana and Natalie

RedG
Explorer
Explorer
My 08 is a little over 39 feet if you include the ladder.
2005 Newmar Dutch Star 4024 DP 370 Cummins
Towing my 2012 Malibu w/Blue Ox towbar & Patriot brake system

double_clutch
Explorer
Explorer
Hello

need some help. We are going to reserve space on the Washington State Ferry today and I don't know my overall length.

Can any one help?
thanks

Don and Penni
Don and Penni and our dog Darby
2004 Dodge 3500
2010 Jayco Designer 35 RLTS

loydt
Explorer
Explorer
I have the same problem. That little black plug actually has a tiny drain hole in it. It can easily get clogged. I just removed it. I dont see the point in it even being there?
2021 Jayco Seismic 4212 (on order)
2021 Jayco White Hawk 32BH
2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4x4 CC Cummins/Aisin Laramie Longhorn

L_MMusic
Explorer
Explorer
Forgive me if this has been addressed before. We've been having some water build-up in the refrigerator tray. It usually occured when we moved. No big deal. Lately, it's been happening a lot while we're parked. So, I did some looking around here on RV.Net and found the suggestion that the drainage hose might be blocked. Guess what? Ours was plugged shut (with a plug!) Two years and who knew?
You don't suppose the plug is supposed to be there?
Melissa
Husband Larry
Cocker Spaniel Henry
2008 F-350 Dually Short Bed
2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS
Reese 16K Hitch w/ Kwik Slide

Whatever you can do, or DREAM you can, BEGIN it. BOLDNESS has genius, power and MAGIC in it. (Goethe)

CHV_FRK
Explorer
Explorer
Our fits with no issues as well. Maybe they moved yours when they fixed your roof the first go around. I think that you can partially pull it apart and rotate it. Shouldn't be too hard since you've been up there a few times. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Dana and Natalie