cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Designer 35RLTS and Jayco Talk...Thanks Frank!!

sanderson_66
Explorer
Explorer
Since there does not currently seem to be a Jayco owners forum, Moderator Frank has graciously allowed this thread. It will be for discussing Jayco related questions and comments. Anything not Jayco related will be deleted. Sounds more than fair to me. Thank-you Frank!
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie, CTD 6.7, 6 speed auto,DRW,QC,LB,4X4
2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS
1,450 REPLIES 1,450

L_MMusic
Explorer
Explorer
Hey guys ... Larry here... My toilet pedal is sticking and I can't seem to get any lubricant. Does that outer housing (including the pedal) come off somehow to get at the works? Or is there another trick?
Thanks
Melissa
Husband Larry
Cocker Spaniel Henry
2008 F-350 Dually Short Bed
Reese 16K Hitch w/ Kwik Slide

Whatever you can do, or DREAM you can, BEGIN it. BOLDNESS has genius, power and MAGIC in it. (Goethe)

M_GO_BLUE1
Explorer
Explorer
eaherrmann wrote:
Anyone going to the Jayco Jafari in Hamburg NY this June? It so happens we'll be near there(Evangola)for a family function and we'd like to meet y'all.

Our trips this year will entail one to the UP here in Michigan and maybe one down south later this year...

Retirement can't come soon enough here!!!

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 dually CC/LB Duramax/Allison

2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS fifth wheel

Onan 5500W Marquis Gold gas generator (HGJAB - 1038D)

eaherrmann
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone going to the Jayco Jafari in Hamburg NY this June? It so happens we'll be near there(Evangola)for a family function and we'd like to meet y'all.
Ed & Elizabeth
Copper
2007 Dodge Ram 3500,QC,LB,DRW,4x4 w/6.7 CTD (BlueTec), 6 speed auto, Factory Exhaust Brake
B&W companion hitch over sprayed in liner
2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Onan 5500, Polar Barrier
Army/Navy retired

sirdrakejr
Explorer
Explorer
Post your new question here as a reply. It will get you some answers. That is what this thread is for.
Frank
2011 Palomino Maverick 1000SLLB on a 2004 Dodge Quadcab CTD Ram3500 SRW long bed equipped with Timbren springs, Stable Load bump stops, Rickson 19.5" wheels/"G" range tires and a Helwig "Big Wig" rear anti sway bar.

eaherrmann
Explorer
Explorer
Reply To Topic if you want to add to this topic, "New Post" if you want to start your own topic......Welcome aboard
Ed & Elizabeth
Copper
2007 Dodge Ram 3500,QC,LB,DRW,4x4 w/6.7 CTD (BlueTec), 6 speed auto, Factory Exhaust Brake
B&W companion hitch over sprayed in liner
2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Onan 5500, Polar Barrier
Army/Navy retired

1720taylors
Explorer
Explorer
New to the forum not sure if this is right, if I want to start a new subject about the Designer 35RLTS do I just use the reply option intstead of hitting the new post?

L_MMusic
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the birthday wishes!
Melissa
Husband Larry
Cocker Spaniel Henry

Whatever you can do, or DREAM you can, BEGIN it. BOLDNESS has genius, power and MAGIC in it. (Goethe)

whporwil
Explorer
Explorer
Ya Happy Birthday Melissa? Our stairs seem to have a different prolbem, It's called rust. Also the tray that the LP tanks sit on have lost all there paint. I took it a part and was able to remove what paint that was left by peeling it off like you would a sunburn. I would guess the parts sat around a while and then were not properly cleaned before painting. Both of these parts would go a long way being made out of galvanize metal instead.

Chris3
Explorer
Explorer
double clutch wrote:
My Brother-in-law has a 2008 36 rlts. The dealer has tried to fix it twice and now they have agreed to replace it.

I have purchased a step support to maybe help ours. I have not installed it yet. Saving that job for when we go out for maybe a month.

Last time out I took the sat dish along. I bought a surveyor's tripod and am using Direct TV. Using the big dish and a SWB. I really had trouble getting the signal through the winegard wall plate ended up running a HDMI cable to the main TV and I could not get a signal to the TV in the bedroom. I am planning on getting a splitter from solid signal and will try something different next trip. Any tips anyone? Ty

Next trip Oregon Coast end of May for a month

gl
Don and Penni

We converted your account and trailer over to Directv HD while in Arizona this winter. We have a slimline dish with a SL3 SWM4 LNB. The installer put the power inserter inside the trailer, but had the divider out side with two cables going to it (one for HDDVR in living room and one for bedroom HD receiver). Because the HD receivers do not have a coax output, we bit the bullet and installed another separate receiver in the bedroom. With SD with could watch same channel in bedroom on the coax output.

After the installer left, I moved the powered divider inside next to the power inserter, so now I am using only one coax going out to the dish(I had two going out to the SD dish for the SD DVR), and HDDVR only requires one coax to run both tuners/receivers in the HDDVR and we are feeding the bedroom receiver via the coax that was installed by trailer manufacturer. Wineguard wall plate is handling cable TV and off the air antenna/amp.

I find the Slimline dish very easy to point. I have an old style medal tripod that I anchor down to the ground, I had a larger pipe welded on for the slimline dish. I set the post up verical with the bubble level. (I am going to be working on adjustable legs) I do the three settings according to location, put the TV on 101 and swing the dish for signal on TV setup menu. Peak 101 (3 degree signal) and switch to 103B (1 degree signal) and peak again. Slimline dish mount has built in fine adjustment screws to peak the signal.

Then drink a beer and watch a ball game!!!!

Chris
My Rig
2001.5 2500 STD CAB AUTO SLT 4x4, CTD 4:10's, Bomb'd to Tow
2005 Cardinal 29WBLX.

CHV_FRK
Explorer
Explorer
The wife does not remember off hand, but I'm going to look through our show material to see if I can find out.

BTW....it's 2am... Happy Birthday Melissa!!
Dana and Natalie

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500HD High Country DRW CC LB 4x4
-60 Aux Tank/Toolbox, Line-X, Full Tint, AirSafe 25K Hitch

2018 Jayco Seismic 4113, 45'7", 17,800lbs w/o the Toys.

L_MMusic
Explorer
Explorer
We've been using our rig constantly for 28 months now. I'm so pleased with it! It's had its fair share of problems (some self-inflicted), but I'm still so happy with it!

We recently purchased one of those step support gadgets that you unscrew to lengthen from 5" - 12". It works well if we step right in the middle, on top of it. Since that's not likely on a regular basis, we'll buy a second one and use both, one on each end. As for storing them -- they ride on the welcome mat, just inside the door and either get used or thrown in the basement. Less than 5" - we use pressure treated blocks.
Melissa
Husband Larry
Cocker Spaniel Henry

double_clutch
Explorer
Explorer
My Brother-in-law has a 2008 36 rlts. The dealer has tried to fix it twice and now they have agreed to replace it.

I have purchased a step support to maybe help ours. I have not installed it yet. Saving that job for when we go out for maybe a month.

Last time out I took the sat dish along. I bought a surveyor's tripod and am using Direct TV. Using the big dish and a SWB. I really had trouble getting the signal through the winegard wall plate ended up running a HDMI cable to the main TV and I could not get a signal to the TV in the bedroom. I am planning on getting a splitter from solid signal and will try something different next trip. Any tips anyone? Ty

Next trip Oregon Coast end of May for a month

gl
Don and Penni
Don and Penni and our dog Darby
2004 Dodge 3500
2010 Jayco Designer 35 RLTS

2QAYL
Explorer
Explorer
CHV_FRK wrote:
Are you refering to the interior or exterior stair?

I'm referring to the exterior stairs and, interestingly, ours like yours also had a lean with the rear edge of the tread lower than the front. Worse than that, however is the spongy and insecure feel of these stairs when entering or exiting the trailer. It is particularly hard on Janice who has had knee surgery and isn't the steadiest on her feet at the best of time. The trailer parked next to us in the resort in Mesa had a much sturdier design of collapsable stair but I forgot to look for a manufacturer's name on them. If you do happen to recall the brand of the type you have seen, I would most definitely appreciate learning what it was.

Thanks,

Dave
Dave & Jan
2005 Dodge 3500 SLT, LB, 2WD, DRW, NV5600 6-speed, 3.73 gears, Jacobs Exhaust Brake, BD X-Monitor for Boost & EGT, AFE System 2 Intake and Cat-Back Exhaust, Lund Boards and Flaps, & Tonneau Cover.

CHV_FRK
Explorer
Explorer
Are you refering to the interior or exterior stair?

Our exterior have a lean to them. We have seen another sturider brand being used on some newer trailers. I imagine we will upgrade when something happens to ours. If my wife remembers the brand I will let you know.
Dana and Natalie

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500HD High Country DRW CC LB 4x4
-60 Aux Tank/Toolbox, Line-X, Full Tint, AirSafe 25K Hitch

2018 Jayco Seismic 4113, 45'7", 17,800lbs w/o the Toys.

2QAYL
Explorer
Explorer
Well Janice and I returned home Tuesday after a wonderful 3 months in Mesa, AZ. Somewhat surprizingly the weather here has been fantastic with daytime highs in the mid 70's since we got back. I am most pleased to say that the Designer, with one minor exception, performed flawlessly for the time in Mesa and the 1,800 mile trips there and back.

The only problem we encountered was with the too lightly built step which really isn't up to handling the weight of a too husky fellow like me. I've already talked to our dealer about a sturdier replacement and once we come up with a solution I will post information accordingly in case anyone else has a similar issue. I'm hoping the fix won't entail using under-step supports because I really don't need to be packing any more stuff.:S

We enjoyed visiting with Cruz on a couple of occassions which added to a really great experience in Arizona.

Cheers,

Dave
Dave & Jan
2005 Dodge 3500 SLT, LB, 2WD, DRW, NV5600 6-speed, 3.73 gears, Jacobs Exhaust Brake, BD X-Monitor for Boost & EGT, AFE System 2 Intake and Cat-Back Exhaust, Lund Boards and Flaps, & Tonneau Cover.