cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Designer 35RLTS and Jayco Talk...Thanks Frank!!

sanderson_66
Explorer
Explorer
Since there does not currently seem to be a Jayco owners forum, Moderator Frank has graciously allowed this thread. It will be for discussing Jayco related questions and comments. Anything not Jayco related will be deleted. Sounds more than fair to me. Thank-you Frank!
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie, CTD 6.7, 6 speed auto,DRW,QC,LB,4X4
2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS
1,450 REPLIES 1,450

CHV_FRK
Explorer
Explorer
Well after 10 years we are moving on to a toy hauler. We love our Designer but we were not anticipating a family when we first purchased it. We're staying in the Jayco family and getting a Jayco Seismic 4113. Garage for maybe a few toys but really a bedroom for the two kiddos. Now time to change the signature!
Dana and Natalie

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500HD High Country DRW CC LB 4x4
-60 Aux Tank/Toolbox, Line-X, Full Tint, AirSafe 25K Hitch

2018 Jayco Seismic 4113, 45'7", 17,800lbs w/o the Toys.

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
eaherrmann wrote:
We have slide locks on our mobile medical vans that lock with a bar attached to both inside slide walls, is that what your referring to?

Most that I've seen go between the top of the slide and the wall on the same side; an expanding "jack".

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

eaherrmann
Explorer
Explorer
We have slide locks on our mobile medical vans that lock with a bar attached to both inside slide walls, is that what your referring to?
Ed & Elizabeth
Copper
2007 Dodge Ram 3500,QC,LB,DRW,4x4 w/6.7 CTD (BlueTec), 6 speed auto, Factory Exhaust Brake
B&W companion hitch over sprayed in liner
2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Onan 5500, Polar Barrier
Army/Navy retired

eaherrmann
Explorer
Explorer
CHV_FRK wrote:
Do you mean just the top or are you talking about the entire slide moving out? We have only had on turn that I know of where the slide leaned out a bottle of water and the handle of our daughters wagon went under the slide and sandwiched between it and the floor. The only thing better was it was on the linoleum. The linoleum lost that battle.

I was contemplating slide locks because my daily driver is a newer Camaro with the track package suspension. I like to corner!

Camaro as a tow vehicle, now that sounds like fun.

No, ours pops out at the bottom. It's like that last little lift the slide does before "clicking" in place. That's where its failing
Ed & Elizabeth
Copper
2007 Dodge Ram 3500,QC,LB,DRW,4x4 w/6.7 CTD (BlueTec), 6 speed auto, Factory Exhaust Brake
Army/Navy retired

L_MMusic
Explorer
Explorer
Hi y'all!

Our '08's dining room slide did that a bit. We eventually had to push on it/pull on it to get the slide in and out. The bolt that holds the rod that connects the front of the slide to the back of the slide (where the slide motor is, had sheared off.

We had it replaced by a tech. I'm glad i watched, because the next travel day, the same thing happened. I added more cushioning so the second bolt was tighter, and all has been well since.

Best wishes to all. 61,000 miles and still going! ๐Ÿ˜„

Melissa
Melissa
Husband Larry
Cocker Spaniel Henry
2008 F-350 Dually Short Bed
Reese 16K Hitch w/ Kwik Slide

Whatever you can do, or DREAM you can, BEGIN it. BOLDNESS has genius, power and MAGIC in it. (Goethe)

CHV_FRK
Explorer
Explorer
Do you mean just the top or are you talking about the entire slide moving out? We have only had on turn that I know of where the slide leaned out a bottle of water and the handle of our daughters wagon went under the slide and sandwiched between it and the floor. The only thing better was it was on the linoleum. The linoleum lost that battle.

I was contemplating slide locks because my daily driver is a newer Camaro with the track package suspension. I like to corner!
Dana and Natalie

RustyJC
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe that's why our 1996 Designer 3030RKSS and 2000 Designer XL 3610RLTS both came with slideout locking bars. I'm assuming the newer ones don't???

Rusty
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972

2016 Ram 3500 Dually Longhorn Crew Cab Long Bed, 4x4, 385/900 Cummins, Aisin AS69RC, 4.10, 39K+ GCWR, 30K+ trailer tow rating, 14K GVWR

B&W RVK3600

eaherrmann
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Folks,
Been a while. Hope everyone is doing well. Just got back from a 30 day road trip up to the North Atlantic US region. It was most relaxing and we hated to park the 5vr in its spot. The roads were absolutely terrible but we survived. I have a quick question. Does anyone else have issues with the dining slide popping out while in motion? Ours comes out 2-3 inches while in motion. I'm sure the roads have a lot to do with it but we've been through much worse. It does close again and seems to lock. We didn't have that slide loaded down with stuff so now its time to figure out why. We don't have but 35k miles of road time.
Ed & Elizabeth
Copper
Army/Navy retired

CHV_FRK
Explorer
Explorer
I've lost one on each side and need to replace and repair. Looking at the 17.5's early next near. With new baby there will be no camping until then!
Dana and Natalie

MCSloan
Explorer
Explorer
Also had a goodyear G614 tire lose it's tread. Was lucky no damage.Tires were over 5 years old so were due for a replacement. Replaced with 17.5 Goodyear G114s.Hope this will put an end to tire problems for a while.
2013Dodge 3500-DRW-Crew Cab-4X4-6.7Cummins-AS69RC Auto Trans

rodknocker
Explorer
Explorer
I also got my fill of exploding 16 inch tires. Bought 17.5" wheels (from High Spec Wheels) and Goodyear G114 tires. Expensive choice, but, I have great confidence in my tires now. Check out the specs on them. Trailer feels more stable, seems to pull easier. Very happy, happy, happy, jack!
Craig and Cheryl with our dogs
Buddy (Maltypoo), Sally (English Springer)and Charley (King Charles Cavalier)
'06 Chev Duramax LBZ
'03 Jayco Designer Legacy 3610 RLTS

eaherrmann
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Guys!, Hope everyone is doing well.
Seems we're all facing similar issues these days. I washed the RV this summer and when I washed the roof I too had numerous areas that the white wore off and I could see a yellowish rubber material. According to the RV repair center it's a normal occurrence. (remember my roof replacement a few years back?) The materials came from Jayco so I speak with them some day.

The fridge issue of going from OFF to frozen fixed itself. All the Ammonia leaked out. I watched a video on how to replace the cooling unit on You Tube and it's a pretty straight forward repair. Planning on doing that over the winter.

Trip to Yellowstone got canceled, my truck with only 34K miles dropped a transmission and turbo while running errands. Good old Dodge left me holding the tab because it was 6 months outside of it's warranty, dealer did give us 10% off of our $6900 bill. At least it broke while we were near the homestead, it would've really sucked to be in Montana when it failed.

Spent a whole 4 days camping this year, bummer, life throws us curves sometimes but we will survive. Everyone is healthy and we have a home, food and a job and that's all will really need. Next year will be better!

Be Swell,
E&E
Ed & Elizabeth
Copper
Army/Navy retired

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
REWahoo wrote:
Just removed my under-oven drawer and took a look. My gas line is behind, not above the drawer and well out of the way.

Looks like you may have bought one built on a Monday...

Or a Friday....with his horse telling him time to get out of there and put on the feed bag..:W

Or - the guy fitting the gas lines had just "that much" left on the spool?.:h

~

L_MMusic
Explorer
Explorer
Gas line in our '08 is protected by a secure piece of wood at the back of the drawers and is another 3" beyond that.

Our Norcold refrigerator leaked ammonia this past Monday. ๐Ÿ˜ž Getting the replacement this Wednesday. ๐Ÿ™‚
Melissa
Husband Larry
Cocker Spaniel Henry
2008 F-350 Dually Short Bed
Reese 16K Hitch w/ Kwik Slide

Whatever you can do, or DREAM you can, BEGIN it. BOLDNESS has genius, power and MAGIC in it. (Goethe)