cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dimensions for factory puck hitch?

Red-Rover
Explorer
Explorer
Does anybody know where I can find measurements for puck size and placement in the truck bed? They must be similar but different for Ford, Dodge and GM and this information would be helpful when shopping for a used hitch. Some people selling these things don't seem to know and it would be nice to verify by measure before handing over the money.
2014 Cougar 313RLI
2017 F250, 6.2L Gas, Crew Cab, Short Bed
6 REPLIES 6

Red-Rover
Explorer
Explorer
Was doing some hitch research on line this afternoon and partially answered my own question about dimension. The Ford puck system spacing, center to center, is 30.0" side to side and 13" front to back.
Now all I have to do is arm myself with a tape measure and shop away.
2014 Cougar 313RLI

JTrac
Explorer
Explorer
If you are strictly looking at used hitches I would look for one made specifically for the Ford puck system, which I know is a different pattern than Ram. May be hard to find though. Otherwise, you can get an adapter which attaches to the pucks and allows the use of just about any hitch. Just make sure the hitch has plenty of height adjustment because some of the adapters can raise the hitch height by as much as 3 inches. Your new Ford already sits taller and the added height can really make your fifth wheel sit nose high.
JimT
2020 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, 2020 Ford F350, Platinum, 6.7 diesel, 4X4, CCLB, SRW, 12,400 GVWR

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Take the truck with you to be sure.
Puma 30RKSS

Mortimer_Brewst
Explorer II
Explorer II
On etrailer.com you can input the information for your truck and get a list of hitches that will work with your truck.
If ethics are poor at the top, that behavior is copied down through the organization - Robert Noyce

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2019 Coachmen Chaparral 298RLS

Red-Rover
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, had not thought of that. Thanks!
2014 Cougar 313RLI

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
I would think most hitches would go by model numbers to identify what fits what. You should be able to call the hitch manufacturer to verify fitment. I do know that B&W has different model #s, which you can view at turnoverball.com. Yes fitment is different for the various trucks puck systems.

Jerry