cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

DRV 43 footers - Dallas and others - Actual purchase prices?

travelrider73
Explorer
Explorer
If anyone has a late model DRV in the 43 foot series, especially the Dallas, I'm curious what its list price was and what you had to pay for it. New and Used. Trying to get some numbers in my head for a used one where I think they're asking too much for it.

i know this might come across as a personal question to some of you and I understand... If you don't want to post your personal business on the form but you don't mind sharing in PM, that would be great too (and I'll keep it confidential).

Thanks!
23 REPLIES 23

hoopers
Explorer
Explorer
rvguru.com is a site I have used before. Once you get through all the verbage, it is just one guy that basically does all the work.
2014 Winnebego Vista 30T
2017 Ford Expedition
Texas gulf coast, Colorado, or on the road camping somewhere

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
richfaa wrote:
Try this source... http://www.seedealercost.com/recv

It was close for us.

Sorta close.

clicky for the above

Maybe I missed 'em - but no custom / semi-custom high-end 5ths listed.

Wonder why, LOL!

BTW - at least one mfgr (Jayco) used to post MSRP on their web site..:C

There's TWO chances of finding out the *real* dealer cost of any RV:
Slim and none..:W

~

richfaa
Explorer
Explorer
Try this source... http://www.seedealercost.com/recv

It was close for us.
2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky. 08 Ford F-350 6.4L

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Here's a43 Dallas 2014 new at LazyDays for 131K.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

travelrider73
Explorer
Explorer
hoopers wrote:
I would bet the dealer paid wholesale for this trailer. So you need to find out what wholesale price is on the trailer, if you want any bargaining power.
There are several pay websites (30 dollars or so- penny wise, pound foolish applies here) that will look up the wholesale price for you.
Than tell the dealer you know the wholesale value and will only pay X amount above that. Most likely, they will agree to that amount. They are no different than a car dealer.

I'll happily pay $30 to find out the real story. Do these sites help you on New too? (IE: Wholesale new price and tell you about perks and kickbacks that the dealer may get from the manufacturer for meeting quotas, etc)?

Could you help me out with the name of a couple of these web sites?

Thanks.

hoopers
Explorer
Explorer
I would bet the dealer paid wholesale for this trailer. So you need to find out what wholesale price is on the trailer, if you want any bargaining power.
There are several pay websites (30 dollars or so- penny wise, pound foolish applies here) that will look up the wholesale price for you.
Than tell the dealer you know the wholesale value and will only pay X amount above that. Most likely, they will agree to that amount. They are no different than a car dealer.
2014 Winnebego Vista 30T
2017 Ford Expedition
Texas gulf coast, Colorado, or on the road camping somewhere

tsetsaf
Explorer III
Explorer III
Price seems high to me. There is one on rvt.com or the other rv classified site for $107k it is located in florida. A second unit was listed in Boulder CO with the F450 to tow it for 145k as a package. He was asking 99k for the trailer alone. If you aren't willing to wait then at least lowball worst they can say is no. Not too many people shopping for $100k fifth wheels.
2006 Ram 3500
2014 Open Range
"I don't trust my own advise!"

Aridon
Explorer
Explorer
Travel,

The changes occurred mid way through 2014, around November or so. Units in production, likely even until just after the New Year were likely mixed on the changes.

The Mobiles now get the straight roof line and upgraded carpet as Soos mentioned. Which IMO is the biggest difference since everything else can be added after the fact or really a non issue. You can't just make your living room slides 9 or 12 inches taller or your ceiling but for 1.5k you can change out granite or replace the flooring etc.. For us the differences were not worth it. Had they kept the structural differences we would of probably went Elite for the extra head room.

Now the name won't say Elite outside so its still a mobile but if you don't care about the Epeen of that and want to save a few bucks you can do most of the other stuff after market or don't bother at all. Either way you can save some $$ if so inclined.

I'm sure they saved some $$ factory wise by making the change but they devalued their Elites in the process.
2019 Grand Design Momentum 395
2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10

2014.5 DRV Atlanta (sold)

2008 Newmar 4330 (Modified) Sold

soos
Explorer II
Explorer II
The Mobile Suites are built using the exact same frame as the Elite Suites. DRV would have put a rating of 20,000 lbs on our MS if we had wanted. The Elite Suites has granite counters and stairs, a better quality carpet, a Fiberglass roof, a taller, straight ceiling, not tapered, and a few less important differences.
The point being made was that now the Mobile Suites has the straight roof and the fiberglass roof and an upgraded carpet, but still does not have the granite. The differences between the two are getting fewer.
We've been very happy with the quality of our mobile suites and also don't see the added value in the Elite. any Elite upgrades you want, you can get- if you order one made.

sue
Sue
soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com
Fulltiming since 2009
2012 Mobile Suites 36 TKSB4 pulled by a
2011 Ford F450
2005 Lance 1181 TC- our Vacation Home

travelrider73
Explorer
Explorer
Aridon wrote:
On the new units, we found the difference between the Elite and the Mobile not worth it anymore. Now that the big ticket structural items are all mostly included in the Mobile Suites we didn't see the value in the Elite.

They just changed that this year. Had they not we would of likely went with the Elite. Now we'll just live like peasants and swap out the Corian on our own or change the window valance when we get tired of them.

Oh, this is good information. You're saying that if I find a pre-2014 model DRV that I need to stay with Elite Suites in order to get the additional structural integrity? What are the differences? Is Mobile on the cheap Lippert just like the Tradition on pre-2014?

Aridon
Explorer
Explorer
On the new units, we found the difference between the Elite and the Mobile not worth it anymore. Now that the big ticket structural items are all mostly included in the Mobile Suites we didn't see the value in the Elite.

They just changed that this year. Had they not we would of likely went with the Elite. Now we'll just live like peasants and swap out the Corian on our own or change the window valance when we get tired of them.
2019 Grand Design Momentum 395
2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10

2014.5 DRV Atlanta (sold)

2008 Newmar 4330 (Modified) Sold

Luke_Porter
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a 2014 Elite with a MSRP of $158 for $113.

I called Lazy Days. The guy there added $11K for a option not listed. The 4 other dealers I talked to all used the price sheets and came up with the same MSRP. LD's "MSRP" was $11K higher.

A comparable New Horizons was $70K more than the Elite.

Yep, actually drove to all of these places---in the last eight years. Missed Rhode Island and New Jersey.

travelrider73
Explorer
Explorer
I'm still waiting on the spec sheet, but I do know now that it's an Elite Suites with tons of options. I'm probably just going to have to move on. Even an offer of 75% of $135k is more than I'm willing to shell out.

I seriously don't understand why anyone would buy a new Elite Suites at that price level. Once you can shell out $175k plus I would think you'd be talking to Spacecraft, Forks Continental Coach, or New Horizons.

avvidclif1
Explorer
Explorer
NADA Guide is your friend. While their used pricing is sometimes pie in the sky they do list the MSRP of each unit. Pricing of the bare unit, no options checked, on the Dallas series shows the Elite Suites MSRP to be $161k and the Mobile Suites to be $131k. While that isn't the list price of your unit as most have options it's a good starting point for comparisons. Contact DRV and get a list of the standard features and the options for that year then you can see what has been added to the USED unit you are looking at.

The Elite Series shows a price range for a used unit to be $99-120k depending on condition AND plus any options on that unit.

Interesting note is the Elite series is 2k lbs heavier than the MS series. They also have floor plans etc. www.nadaguides.com
Clif & Millie
2009 Ford F350 SRW CC Lariat 6.4 Diesel
2015 Heartland Cyclone HD CY3418 Toy Hauler