cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

DRV

amxguy
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone having issues with DRV units? Thinking about up grading to DRV. Have heard of some problems. Let me know you like or dislike if you own a DRV unit.
20 REPLIES 20

dezl_dr
Explorer
Explorer
We recently upgraded to a 2010 DRV Elite Suites and love it!! The quality of things are better...hence you pay more $$$ too. Well worth the extra money in my opinion!
2014 F-350 DRW, 2010 Elite Suites 38'

stripit
Explorer
Explorer
We have one and like it a lot. DVR units for the most part have a good homey feel when you walk in. They are made for full time use, have thicker than any other manufacturer walls and have a very loyal owners group. Are you looking new or used? Many of the full time used units will still show like almost new as the owners tend to take care of them.
Stacey Frank
2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible

hook47
Explorer
Explorer
I've RV'd since 1978 with various TT, 1 MH, and am on my 3rd 5er. Current and previous ones where/are DRV's. They are excellent 5er's but not without some issues from time to time. My first 2007 Mobile Suites had a few but I either took care of them or they were taken care of by DRV; some were even past their warranty period. Current MS has had a few, such as the screws holding the cabinet hinges in place pulling out of the wood. A little glue and all is well.

DRV's ride on very stout Lippert frames and I don't recall any issues. Tow very well. Fit and finish is very good. They are very comfortable to live in; we snowbird in AZ for 6 months at a time. If buying new, you can have them pretty well customized by the factory. Things such as 240 volt dryers, residential refrigerators, etc. You just have to ask to find out if they can do it. Also very helpful after the sale for warranty work and they'll help even after the warranty period in resolving issues.

Check out SuiteOwners website. Also check out Rolling Retreats, very well thought of DRV only dealer.

If for some reason we wanted another 5er, it would be another DRV.
2008 Chevy 3500HD LTZ 4X4 CC / Banks IQ with Speedbrake & Economind tuner /2013 38RESB3...I know, the TV color doesn't match the MS!

golf_bears
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2008 MS and like all other brands they have their share of problems. The big question is, can you fix things or will you have to run to an RV dealer for repairs?

Check out the following sites for more specific DRV owner information.

DRV User Site

DRV Owners Group

If you would like to talk specifics send me PM and I'll send you my phone number.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ask or search (better) in 5th wheels. That's why you were asked the above question.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
What is a "DRV unit"?
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB