cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Drying Towels in Fiver

jayhardy
Explorer
Explorer
We battle winter rving with drying kitchen towels and bath towels in the winter. Does anyone have magical ideas besides buying s a washer and dryer
11 REPLIES 11

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
blofgren wrote:
rhagfo wrote:
We hang in bathroom for bath towels and on an over the door rack. Kitchen towels are on either a over the cabinet door rack, or the oven door handle.
How wet are the towels?

We keep the 5er at 68 degrees with the electric furnace conversion. We spent the whole month of January on the Oregon Coast and no windo condensation.

Hi Russ. So in regards to the conversion, you converted your furnace to run on AC? If so does it still have the ability to run on propane?

Yes, we have both options, I installed RV Comfort Systems Cheap Heat add on unit to our Suburban 30,000 BTU gas.

This is the unit and the 3" duct extension I needed to fabricate.

This is the electric unit.

RV Comfort Systems
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
rhagfo wrote:
We hang in bathroom for bath towels and on an over the door rack. Kitchen towels are on either a over the cabinet door rack, or the oven door handle.
How wet are the towels?

We keep the 5er at 68 degrees with the electric furnace conversion. We spent the whole month of January on the Oregon Coast and no windo condensation.

Hi Russ. So in regards to the conversion, you converted your furnace to run on AC? If so does it still have the ability to run on propane?
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

Planning
Explorer
Explorer
We have a vented washer/dryer but we also use this. It folds up out of sight behind the sofa.

2016 AF 29-5K; 2016 F350 6.7, 4x4, CCLB DRW

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
One thing we do after showering, is wipe down with a face cloth to get rid of the excess water. This way the towels do not get as wet and dry quicker. It doesn't matter if the face cloth doesn't get dry - it is only going to get wet again anyway. We then hang the damp towels over the top of the shower enclosure and on the towel bar. We put a small electric heater in the bathroom, close the door and dry the whole place out. Works great and no worry about mold.
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

wingsfan20
Explorer
Explorer
We use spring clip pants hangers for our shower towels and hang them over the sides of the shower.
Jim :W
2007 Silverado 3/4 LTZ Crew Duramax/Allison
2008 Keystone Cougar 311RLS

tinstartrvlr
Explorer
Explorer
I hang mine on the shower stall and then use a small floor fan to blow air on it, making sure it billows up when the fan hits it. Dries much quicker that way.

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
How wet are the towels?

Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Bipeflier
Explorer
Explorer
We use a "over the door" towel rack on the bathroom door. We leave the bathroom vent open an inch or so to get circulation. Works well unless the humidity is super high.

If weather permits we also hang them outside until dry.
2010 Cruiser CF30SK Patriot
2016 3500 Duramax
1950 Right Hand Seat GPS (she tells me where to go)

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
microwave

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
ReneeG wrote:
Do you mean drying them after washing them or drying them after use and where to hang them? I know this sounds obvious, if it's after washing them, but isn't there a dryer where you wash them? If after use, we hang them over the shower door or on a hook in the commode area (toilet room) on hooks. For the kitchen towels, after use, I drape them over the strainer. If you meant something else, let us know.

SAME approach for us
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Do you mean drying them after washing them or drying them after use and where to hang them? I know this sounds obvious, if it's after washing them, but isn't there a dryer where you wash them? If after use, we hang them over the shower door or on a hook in the commode area (toilet room) on hooks. For the kitchen towels, after use, I drape them over the strainer. If you meant something else, let us know.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton