cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e track pulled up

tjohnsen
Explorer
Explorer
I recently got a new to me Yamaha Rhino. Bought it specifically because it was short enough to fit in my 10 foot garage of my 2008 Raptor 299MP. In my first trip with the Rhino I made it to our destination just fine, but when I got home I saw that several feet of track had been pulled out of the garage floor. Fortunately, there was no interior damage to the trailer from the Rhino bouncing around.

I had been using long screws into the floor and they failed. Has anyone used nuts, washers, and bolts? I know these would hold but I would have to go underneath and pull the undercarriage screening off the trailer. I would imagine I could staple it back on easy enough. Am I correct? Would this be a good, low cost, solution to the track coming loose?

Thanks!
TV 2015 Ram 3500 DRW
Raptor 299MP
2006 Rhino
WR 450
TRX 90
TTR 125
18 REPLIES 18

Bedlam
I carry two buggies in my enclosed trailer. Two wheels are secured with wheel nets where one side connected to D-loop tie downs and the other side to e-track. The track sections are 5' long and secured every 5th hole with wood screws that are slightly longer than my decking.

I always suggest people tie a vehicle down against the wheel, axle or outboard swing arm so the suspension can float and not fight your anchors.

Determine how thick your load floor is and use screws the same length to avoid puncturing something underneath. Run screws in every hole in areas that you think will have a tie down and double the screws in other areas to helve the gap between current screws.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

lap527
Explorer
Explorer
We use the e track for hauling a Harley trike and before that 2 single bikes. We have a 16" cargo trailer and our e track is bolted down through the floor every 12". Also if there was not a steel beam then a huge flat washer was also added. Never a problem but then again there is no underpinning to worry about.
2006 Dodge 3500 dually 4X4 / 2013 Livin Lite 10.0 TC /Torklift talons, fastguns, stableloads, superhitch, and truss/ towing a
14'V Nose Trailer when needed.

Y-Guy
You're best best is to mount through the floor like you've mentioned. It's a pain but it's the best way to secure them. If you don't want to do that then you'll want to get another type of mounting system and secure through the floor and ideally into the frame if you can. E-Track is good if you use the multiple mounting points, but you have a lot more bolts to put in. You probably don't need to put them in every hole but you need to make sure that any place you put a strap is secured.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

RRyall
Explorer
Explorer
There are a couple of butterfly type fasteners that you could use that would eliminate the necessity of pulling apart the undercarriage screening. I would assume that the fasteners would not be able to hit anything underneath such as wiring, etc and damage it, since there were originally tracks fastened in that location. These are similar to a fastener used to attach items to drywall, but for wood/metal.