cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electric Beds Won't Work

rv4jimnme
Explorer
Explorer
My daughter just bought a toy hauler and she said her electric beds won't work? I have no experience with electrec beds and have not even seen the rig, but I am thinking they may be plugged into house current not 30 or 50 amp or do these work on battery or generator? thanks I can send more details after I speak with her
8 REPLIES 8

Raptormom02
Explorer
Explorer
That just happened to ours also. 😞
Husband and I
2 adult children 19&21
2002 Chevy 2500HD Diesel
2009 Raptor 300MP
KTM 350
Raptor 350 x2
White Lab, small terrier

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
I've had to replace two limit switches on mine. Easy job once diagnosed.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
rv4jimnme wrote:
... but I am thinking they may be plugged into house current not 30 or 50 amp or do these work on battery or generator?

They run on battery power. Does the bed motor make a noise when she activates the switch? Blown fuse maybe?

If she can't find anything obvious, it may be worth having her call the selling dealer, or even take the unit back to the dealer for a checkup.
Bob

mrw8i
Explorer
Explorer
Limit switch. Blown fuse at the limit switch. Pins holding the beds up. If used - previous owner may have raised how high the bed can go and might have done something to the limit switch or broke it.

Will need to check to see if power is making it to the limit switch. If so is there an inline fuse at the switch. Is the limit switch broke.

Eyetattoo
Explorer
Explorer
Inside the bed rails (where the chain is located) there are limit switches (one at the top and one at the bottom). Make sure they are both working. Last year our lower swich got stuck closed which didnt allow the beds to lower. I found a replacement switch for $2-$5 from Radio Shack and it fixed the problem.
2015 2500HD Duramax LTZ Crew Cab
2005 26' Attitude Toy Hauler
2007 GSXR600
2004 YFZ450
2006 TRX90
2013 Raptor 90
2007 Raptor 350

Is it time to camp yet?!

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
Did she pull the safety pins?
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

Y-Guy
Few thoughts. Knowing if it's used/new (assumed used) brand/model of RV and what beds are installed can help.

20am, 30amp or 50amp won't matter as the power to the beds should be 12v. As donn0128 pointed out chances are its in the 12v system. Assuming RV is used and been sitting on a lot I'd agree the battery either needs to be charged or it's dead. The converter/charger could also be the issue, if you are plugged in you should have 12v to all the systems. Finally the beds could have issues themselves.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
I suspect she either does not have a battery installed or it is dead. She needs to learn what a volt meter is and how to use it. A decent (inexpensive) volt meter is the number one most valuable tool needed for electrical trouble shooting. Without one you have no clue what to expect or where to start