cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Experiences with Forest River Cedar Creek 38RD

wannabervin
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all! We currently tow a travel trailer, but plan to move to a fifth wheel next year and start full-timing. My wife saw the Forest River Cedar Creek 38RD and fell in love with it because of the sliding doors that can close off the rear den. I'd like to hear of owners' experiences with it, good and bad. And, is it suitable for full-timing? What size tow vehicle would be required?
5 REPLIES 5

MPI_Mallard
Explorer
Explorer
I totally agree with all the positive feedback so far and as a CC Daydreamer owner can add several instances of how Cedar Creek has backed up their product well beyond the warranty but remember that the things that will fail on your rig usually will be the components that are installed which are beyond CC's control however they will be there for you when needed! Cedar Creek is the only trailer I'd own and have no hesitation recommending them!!

Red Green: All it takes is a little imagination, some mechanical ability, and neighbors who mind their own business.
07' Dodge 3500 6 speed Cummins Diesel Dually/6.7L Bully-Chipped /
Exhst Brake/07' Cedar Creek 37CDTSD Daydreamer fiver
Mallard @ Frau Blรผcher

Red Green:
Now lets Bow your heads for the men's prayer.
I am a man, but I can change.
If I have to, I guess...

jrs1871
Explorer
Explorer
Cedar Creek trailers are well built and they do have great factory support. We are on our second one and didn't consider any other brand when we were looking to upgrade. As noted the 38RD is no longer in the CC line but there may still be some on dealer lots.

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
The 38RD is no longer in production. There are a few new models of Cedar Creeks coming out that are mighty nice.

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our 34ckts is 11 years old and has been nearly flawless. Cedar Creek division has a reputation for outstanding customer service.
There are some things you will want to fix prior to full timing. Upgrade to 17.5 inch tires and wheels, and change the plastic spring eye bushing to greasable bronze bushings, and maybe convert to disc brakes. Of course these things are common upgrades on almost all new large fivers.
As for a TV, get a dually diesel in your choice of colors and flavors. You wont regret it. Cedar creeks can be pin heavy.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
The trailer you're looking at grosses at 17,000 pounds. A fairly new F-350 or 3500 with single rear wheels would be right at the truck's maximum towing limit. A dually would handle it with ease.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE