cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory Refubished RV on eBay Wonder what was fixed?

dpgllg
Explorer
Explorer
While just casual surfing I came across this 5th wheel for sale on eBay.

It states it has been Factory Refurbished but not what was corrected or the reason it was refurbished. Wonder what the issue was? I also don't think the seller is a RV Dealer either which makes it even more dangerous in my mind.

5th Wheel for sale listing

Would anyone seriously consider purchasing this 5th wheel if you were not in the area to check it out?
2013 2500HD Chevy LTZ 6.6 Diesel Ext Cab Long Bed
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL 5th Wheel
Dear Wife, plus two Cocker Spaniels and a Standard Poodle
18 REPLIES 18

gmcsmoke
Explorer
Explorer
dpgllg wrote:
Martyn wrote:
NB - the advertisement does say it is a dealer.

OP here,

I did ask if they were a dealer or not and they are not a dealer. Just selling on behalf of the owners. No financing available and no place to connect to checkout and verify systems.

My position No deal

Dave

you can see it in person in Michigan, listed in the ad.

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
I think I'd give it a pass. It says it was sent down to the factory at the owner's expense. So the factory did not take it back, the owner is having it refurbished on his dime.

It sounds, to me, like he is desperate to get out from under it no matter what it takes.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

FlatBroke
Explorer II
Explorer II
Only place I knew that refurbished old fifth wheels was NUWA. But not positive of that.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

dpgllg
Explorer
Explorer
Martyn wrote:

OP here,

I did ask if they were a dealer or not and they are not a dealer. Just selling on behalf of the owners. No financing available and no place to connect to checkout and verify systems.

My position No deal

Dave

cyntdon2010
Explorer
Explorer
That's a Big OLD LEMON,
2010 lacrosse T.T 318 bhs 34 ft,blue ox-tow bar,2005 FORD F-150 larait super crew,Firestone ready rite-air bags lift kit

Martyn
Nomad
Nomad
2020 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 27SGS;
2019 Dodge Ram 2500 QC 4x4 6.4 Hemi BigHorn;
DEMCO Autoslide; 2 Honda EU2000i's;
Our Website

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Run Forrest, run! :B

There are a plethora of RV's for sale no need to settle on one with known problems.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good idea to walk away from it. I believe at one time they suspended manufacturing these because they were having so many problems..

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

dpgllg
Explorer
Explorer
Hunter11 wrote:
If you were thinking about making an offer on this I would go to the Crossroads owners forum first and do some reading in the Rushmore section. It may change your mind.

OMG I'm so glad you pointed me to that site!

I know that these sites tend to have more negative posts because happy people don't usually post everything great!

BUT within reading for 5 minutes multiple people complaining of holding tanks just falling out, slide failures, and just things breaking

I don't think I want to consider this model

lee_worsdell
Explorer
Explorer
they should fix the awning while there at it

NJRVer
Explorer
Explorer
Just think how many people have posted on here about their problem prone RV, saying the factory should take it back, etc.

Apparently this is one of them?? Refurbished, I wouldn't buy it.

Hunter11
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you were thinking about making an offer on this I would go to the Crossroads owners forum first and do some reading in the Rushmore section. It may change your mind.
2017 Chevrolet 3500 4DR LTZ DRW LWB 4X4 D/A
2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4DR
2016 DRV Mobile Suites 36RSSB3

The_Mad_Norsky
Explorer
Explorer
Unfortunately, appears those Rushmmore line of 5th wheels are problem prone.

I've seen new units listed in the $40 something grand range, as it appears dealers are just trying to unload them.
The Mad Norsky, Doll, Logan and Rocky
2014 Ram 3500 w/ Cummins/Aisin
2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD LE Wet Bath
RV'ing since 1991

I took the road less traveled .....Now I'm Lost!

dpgllg
Explorer
Explorer
OP here,

I just got a response back and I'm posting it here.

It was sent in to repair/replace some interior trim, fix shelf behind bedroom TV, and replace a slide-out motor that failed. The entire slide-out motor assembly has been completely replaced on both ends of the affected slideout. To err on the side of caution, the entire unit was sent in to ensure that this problem would not happen with any of the other slideouts and do a complete refurbishment since the owner wanted to sell it. In an effort to be transparent and honest, the owner wanted the factory to certify that this unit has been fully inspected, tested, and cleaned for the next owner.

I'm researching the make and prices around my area on this unit to see how it compares but still not real sure about this. I did respond asking if they were a RV dealer or just selling for owners and I will let you know what the answer is there.