cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fan-tastic Ultrabreeze Vent Cover

bbaker2001
Explorer
Explorer
have put in 2 fantastic vents. never have had a cover on them. watched a video on their site, definitely shows no air restriction with the Fan-tastic Ultrabreeze Vent Cover. we never really needed a cover because of short time summer camping, but now longer times, and have had rain. are they something people really use.
also does the smoke color help with the sun coming thru
BB from California
2015 Ram 3500
2001 Cardinal
best friend is my wife ๐Ÿ™‚
10 REPLIES 10

Paul_Clancy
Explorer
Explorer
I put the fantastic vent over the upgraded bathroom fantastic fan to better ventilate showers. Moisture is the enemy in the Rv. Haven't had any rain intrusion in 2 years.

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
On our second trailer with the covers and wouldn't go with out them. Always thought rain was the only issue to protect against but changed that thought after a buddy had his vent lid ripped of by Midwest High Winds. He then installed covers.
2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
In a hard rain situation
Our Ultra Breeze vent cover allows water to blow in and drip into the camper
I had considered that, even the vent cover on my old TT did the same, however I still went with the Fan-tastic Ultrabreeze vent covers on our new TT. I like the way they allow the lid to open up further for a natural air flow without the fans running.

I did line the one over the bedroom vent with aluminum tape (Air Conditioning Duct Tape) to cut down the amount of morning light coming in.
I am the opposite. I didn't put a vent cover on the vent over the bed. I didn't want to cut down on the morning light coming in. Nothing better than a hot cup of coffee just after dawn! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Allworth
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have always just used Maxx-Airs on all my vents. I can't see any reason why more air flow would be any advantage. I can get a bunch of air moving with the M-As.

I did line the one over the bedroom vent with aluminum tape (Air Conditioning Duct Tape) to cut down the amount of morning light coming in. I have now replaced this vent with a 9000 BTU A/C unit.
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

Fishhawker
Explorer
Explorer
Just relating here my own observations on vent covers FWIW

Our camper has
one new Fantastic Ultrabreeze vent cover and 3 Maxaire vent covers
I bought the Ultra breeze based on the increased air flow specs I read about

However
In a hard rain situation
Our Ultra Breeze vent cover allows water to blow in and drip into the camper
Our Maxaire vent covers have never allowed water inside the camper
Not in this camper or any of the previous campers we have owned

I will stay with the Maxaire design from now on

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
I wouldn't be without them.
I just installed two Fan-tastic Ultrabreeze Vent Covers (smoke color) on our new Arctic Fox TT. ๐Ÿ™‚

They come without screens behind the grill but screens are available for them as a separate item. The screens are rather courser mesh which doesn't cut down the air flow like a fine weave would.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
IMHO FantasticVent is by far the best vent cover on the market. The problem is the others have a screen behind the grill, the FV does not.

I installed three on our new MS last Summer. Easy install, quality product!

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

bbaker2001
Explorer
Explorer
kind of what I thought
just ordered 2. on sale for 50.00 camping world
BB from California
2015 Ram 3500
2001 Cardinal
best friend is my wife ๐Ÿ™‚

TheSidwells
Explorer
Explorer
We love ours, the vent cover doesn't flat in the wind any longer and can leave it open all the time with no worries.
The Sidwell's

Live like no tomorrow, plan like there is....

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use vent covers on my bedroom and bathroom fans. I have the smoke colored one on the bedroom but so much light comes through the shade it doesn't matter. Either color is fine. Yes they really help when it rains unless it's blowing hard. I also like having them if it hails, extra protection against damaging the vent covers.

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS