cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Featherlite Project - Ideas & Opinions Welcome!!

BoxerPitMix
Explorer
Explorer
So a few months ago I bought my newest project... a 2011 Featherlite Horse trailer with a shell of a LQ in the front. I needed something to haul the 4-legged toys as well as the 4-wheeled toys and I've had something like this in mind for quite some time now.

I've started on it a couple months ago working on it as work permits, and I'm finally starting to make some headway. So far on the outside I've only removed the rear decals.
The look I am going for is very similar to this pop-up camper I did a couple of years ago:

Here are a few more pictures if any of you are interested:
http://s27.photobucket.com/user/blackhighrider/library/Camper?sort=3&page=1

So far I've got the AC unit on (plasti-dipped the shroud black to match).

24 REPLIES 24

BoxerPitMix
Explorer
Explorer
Hmm that's not a bad idea! May buy another exterior shower and mount it to the wall just the opposite side of the water tank!

resmas
Explorer
Explorer
Depending on where you camp, you could rig a "cowboy shower" in the horse compartment. Many of the smaller LQ trailers are set up that way.
2012 Dutchmen Voltage Epic 3795
2010 Dodge 3500 DRW MC
2009 GMC 2500 DA CC
2012 Smart-for-two (sometimes hitches a ride in the Voltage!)
2005 Sundowner Sunlite 777

BoxerPitMix
Explorer
Explorer
Y-Guy wrote:
Great pics, but do need to ask your help in setting the maximum to no more then 800px wide so it doesn't skew the forum for other users monitors.

When posting pictures in the future please use the Yellow Image icon in the tool bar, paste your photos URL link in the appropriate box and type in 800 or 640 in the width box (leave height blank). Thanks Steve

Sorry about that, no problem.

The Photobucket thumbnails are already 800x640 though, aren't they? I changed all of the pictures in the first post (1st to 640w, the others to 400w).

Sorry if I've misunderstood. I'm under the influence of a combination of cold medicine and cough syrup at the moment fighting a nasty cold! :S

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
Wow - Great work!

I'll be following to see the progress.

hitchup
Explorer
Explorer
Wood, wood and more wood, my favorite dรฉcor. Wish we could order a 5er without the paper wallboard. I miss our bead board wall panels in stixnbrix.
2014 DRV Mobile Suite Estates 38RSB3....our custom home
2014 Ford F450 KR CC 4x4......his office
2015 Lance 1172 TC.....mobile Motel FOR SALE
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005

"Shoot for the Moon! Even if you miss it, you will land among the Stars."

Y-Guy
Great pics, but do need to ask your help in setting the maximum to no more then 800px wide so it doesn't skew the forum for other users monitors.

When posting pictures in the future please use the Yellow Image icon in the tool bar, paste your photos URL link in the appropriate box and type in 800 or 640 in the width box (leave height blank). Thanks Steve

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

shawnct450r
Explorer
Explorer
Your vision and quality of work appear to be excellent. Looking forward to future pics!
04 F250 FX4 Diesel
06 WW LE3305
06 Honda TRX450R (CT Racing)
04 Suzuki LTZ250 (Son's stunt machine)
06 Suzuki LT50
05 Honda VFR800A

BoxerPitMix
Explorer
Explorer
Felt like Christmas last week, ton of boxes came!
Holy cow I had a time picking out a refrigerator. I've finally had it with Campingworld.com. Would have happily bought everything from Campingworld had I not been connected to jerks, idiots, and repeatedly hung up on every time I've tried to call them. My projects will no longer be completed with any of their inventory if I can help it.
Ended up with a little Norcold 3-way 2.4 cu ft. Just need it to store a few little things... Gotta nice cooler for mass quantities of beverages. ๐Ÿ™‚
Also got a 13gal tank, pump, and exterior shower. I don't think I'm gonna bother with a hot water heater - at least for now. The only thing I'll be using it for really is rinsing off and the sink inside.
Also picked up a converter/fuse box.

Picked up some laminate for the floor & Got the lower cabinets framed up...

Just gonna go with some cedar for the counter tops... I may do a bit of sanding and finishing on them once it's all said and done.

Picked up some clearance laminate tile I'm gonna use for the backsplash between the counter top and upper cabinets.

BoxerPitMix
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks! I've got a bit of work done and a TON of parts so far. As soon as I can get pictures uploaded I'll post em!

Steve_O_Reno
Explorer
Explorer
Wow looks like a awsome start if its going to be as nice as the pop up. Elkhart could take some lessons from you!!!!