cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Floor plans for two people

danrn
Explorer
Explorer
I believe I already know the answer, but I will still ask. Until recently I was set on getting a Heartland Landmark San Antonio, and towing my 6 X 12 enclosed trailer with my motorcycle in it behind the 5th wheel. I would not take my motorcycle with me all the time and therefore I wasn't looking at toy haulers; thought the garage would be a waste of space. Then after reading in this forum about all the concerns with triple towing and the total length being longer then allowed in many states, I now am looking at toy haulers. I know that the average toy hauler appears to be designed to handle 6-8 people, and the garage can vary in size, but I would like to know if anybody has seen/heard of a toy hauler that is designed for less people? It would basically just be my wife and I, and my one motorcycle would be the only thing I would take with me.
Thanks,
Dan
22 REPLIES 22

Bill1374
Explorer
Explorer
Both NY and Virginia consider it to be a trailer. Since no double tows in either state, no can do.
KZ Montego Bay in Florida
Rockwood lite up north
2016 HD Street Glide, 12 Fatboy for cruisin

Winged_One
Explorer
Explorer
nayther wrote:
Winged One wrote:
danrn wrote:
This is an interesting setup, but would this be considered a triple tow?

It's debatable.

Thus, we will probably not take it out East with us. Don't need a cop with nothing better to do.

Since it doesn't pivot on the trailer it is not considered a trailer, at least that's my understanding.

That is my understanding also. And I have read from others using this or similar not having a problem out East.

But I have read others that have been pulled over also.

Not sure I want to have to debate it with a cop on the side of the road. A debate I am sure to lose, no matter what logic says.
2013 F350 6.7 DRW SC Lariat
2011 Brookstone 354TS
Swivelwheel 58DW
1993 GL1500SE
Yamaha 3000ISEB

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
Winged One wrote:
danrn wrote:

It's debatable.

Thus, we will probably not take it out East with us. Don't need a cop with nothing better to do.

Since it doesn't pivot on the trailer it is not considered a trailer, at least that's my understanding.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

Winged_One
Explorer
Explorer
danrn wrote:

It's debatable.

2011 Brookstone 354TS
Swivelwheel 58DW
1993 GL1500SE
Yamaha 3000ISEB

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
Voltage 3950 works just great for the two of us.

danrn
Explorer
Explorer

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sweet. that is a nice setup.

Winged_One
Explorer
Explorer
FunnyCamper wrote:
OP, also thinking that if you have a 5th in mind you love, you truly can get a motorcycle carrier welded onto the back. It means you get the camper you want, just haul the cycle on the back.

we might be doing this with our golf cart in the future. but what I get welded onto the frame for hauling will be intense, but I can spend $5K on that but keep my camper as my #1 important floorplan I want most.

just an option to consider. when spending bigger bucks, take your time to get the set up you really, really want. I will be 🙂

That is what we ended up doing.

I asked them on their facebook page. They have a thread about their new design. See if they answer.
2011 Brookstone 354TS
Swivelwheel 58DW
1993 GL1500SE
Yamaha 3000ISEB

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
OP, also thinking that if you have a 5th in mind you love, you truly can get a motorcycle carrier welded onto the back. It means you get the camper you want, just haul the cycle on the back.

we might be doing this with our golf cart in the future. but what I get welded onto the frame for hauling will be intense, but I can spend $5K on that but keep my camper as my #1 important floorplan I want most.

just an option to consider. when spending bigger bucks, take your time to get the set up you really, really want. I will be 🙂

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II

I don't know but these pics might help ya 🙂

I checked around on the net and finding one of these is rough and the website doesn't give any specs on it. surprised about that. maybe the kind of thing ya gotta contact them??

what is never good is finding something you are interested in and it isn't in your area.

I just hit a site with the pics of it also but can't find weight info etc.

that side hauler would come in handy for kayaks and a whole lot more also.

Winged_One
Explorer
Explorer
FunnyCamper wrote:

Lifestyle Alfa Gold

can fit in 1 motorcycle and you don't have that 'big back door' to worry about if you want something easier to handle or worry about having that extra space when the back comes down.

That is awesome! I just cannot find anything on weight capacity. Is it GoldWing compatible?

Looks like they are using a Rampage lift though they are calling it an "exclusive lift".

Write up on new Alfa Gold.

Finally someone thinking a new way.
2011 Brookstone 354TS
Swivelwheel 58DW
1993 GL1500SE
Yamaha 3000ISEB

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II

Lifestyle Alfa Gold

can fit in 1 motorcycle and you don't have that 'big back door' to worry about if you want something easier to handle or worry about having that extra space when the back comes down.

I am currently checking into mega luxury 5th wheels for the future. still between toyhauler and luxury full time living 5'ver with just adding a hydralic lift to the back for a golf cart.

good thing for us we have a few years before all this happens, our final big luxury rig, but I am looking about my options now 🙂

Rnta817
Explorer
Explorer
Just looked at the new XLR Thunderbolt 385AMP. Front living, great kitchen rear bedroom with French doors and a Murphy bed with a very nice orthopedic gel mattress about 8 or more inches thick. Check it out.

ksss
Explorer
Explorer
trail-explorer wrote:
In regards to them being "designed for 6-8 people".... the bed/sleeping areas for anything beyond two people is things such as convertible dinetter area, bunk overt he garage (which could double as a storage loft) or sofas/drop down beds in the garage.

The sleeping arrangements foer person number 1 and 2 is going to be the bed up front. All the other beds aren's beds until you turn them down and make them in to a bed.... Hence, they may sleep more than 2 people, but all the extra beds are priamrly beds.
So, they are designed for 2 people, and more can sleep in them if you choose to use the bonus sleeping areas.

I agree with this. I really like the Fuzion 342 floor plan, and it is just two of us. Should additional people come along we have the bunk beds in the back which come down. If we need more room than that it gets to be a bit of pain (except for whomever wants the loft). I hate having to convert the living room to sleeping space.
2020 Chevy 3500 CC 4X4 DRW D/A
2013 Fuzion 342
2011 RZR Desert Tan
2012 Sea Doo GTX 155
2018 Chevy 3500HD CC LB SRW 4X4 D/A
2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1