Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

frost control

larstech
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,
Ihave a montana 5th wheel iam new to rv net and have a question.

this is my first time out with this unit and the green light on the furance control is flashing one second intervel. the book says it is the frost control. What is the frost control?
7 REPLIES 7

TXiceman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Does your thermostat have an option for electric heat? If so, this may be the heat pump.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

larstech
Explorer
Explorer
the furance has no name on it,it is a furnance not a heat pump.It is a 05 model 3475RL

john_bet
Explorer
Explorer
larstech wrote:
Hi,
Ihave a montana 5th wheel iam new to rv net and have a question.

this is my first time out with this unit and the green light on the furance control is flashing one second intervel. the book says it is the frost control. What is the frost control?
Ours did that a few years ago,but now I have forgotten what we did to fix it. It happened while we using the air conditioner. Try pulling the 12v control fuse in your panel for a minute or so. Then put it back in. This resets the system. If I think of something else I will post it. Oh, by the way I hate this system of controlling the furnace and air conditioner.
2018 Ram 3500 SRW CC LB 6.7L Cummins Auto 3.42 gears
2018 Grand Design 337RLS

TXiceman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Are you sure you do not have a Dometic heat pump?

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

C-Bears
Explorer
Explorer
It would help if you could state the year and make of the furnace. Otherwise, you may want to try to log on to the MOC (Montana Owners Forum) and let them help you out. But they will want to know Montana model and year also.
2014 Montana 3725RL (Goodyear G614 Tires, Flow Thru TPMS)

SPENDING THE WINTERS AT OUR HOME IN SW FLORIDA. THE REST OF THE YEAR SEEING THE U.S. FROM OUR LIVING ROOM WINDOW!

larstech
Explorer
Explorer
dont know the brand. remote thermostat no heat pump and 39 degrees

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
More information.........

What furnace (brand/model)
What thermostat
Do you have 'heat pump' with A/C Unit?

What are outside temps?