Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Furnace Vents Clogged

yolo6886
Explorer
Explorer
Greetings everyone!

I have a 30ft HR Alumascape with a Atwood gas ducted furnace. When I tested it today I noticed a little problem, all of my forward heating vents don't seem to be functioning well. The three vents in the main living area of the coach seem to function just fine but all vents beyond that (upstairs) seem to be non functional. I took at look at the actual unit under my stove and it looks clean no dust buildup and the same from the outside access panel. Just curious if anyone has experienced the same problem and what a good starting place is for troubleshooting?

Thanks for all the help and stay warm!
In the fiver full-time

2002 30ft Holiday Rambler Alumascape
4 REPLIES 4

12th_Man_Fan
Explorer
Explorer
Somewhere behind your cargo area there is a plentum where all of you ducts separate out from the main. I suspect you need to get in there with some aluminum duct tape ans re tape all of the duct connections,

Doug
2014 GMC Duramax 4X4 DRW Crew

2015 DRV Tradition

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Well DW always wondered why we had what seemed like low air flow to the bedroom. So last trip out did some cleaning took the vents off and vacuumed. Well the bedroom is a about a 18"' down to the bottom of the duct. There was dust bun us and some dog hair down there,
So I reached in an noticed that the vertical shaft connection partly blocked the air flow, got out the metal duct tape and cleaned up and sealed, much better.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Dr_Quick
Explorer II
Explorer II
On my new 5th wheel there is a floor duct the length of the lower part of the trailer. Then in the "basement storage" area they connected a flexible dryer type duct between the floor duct and the registers above. Possibly a flexible duct has come loose, so I would check that out.
Dr Quick

momentum_rv
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe a duct got pinched or came apart. Probably just have to follow the ducts to confirm.
2015 Grand Design Momentum 385TH
2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat