cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Genesis Technologies Help....

Luvmy5vr
Explorer
Explorer
According to the specs I should be able to charge my Ipod when i plug the cord in the USB Port, but when i plug it in, all I see is the word "Flash" literally flash in the system window and there is an noise as well...our friends have the same system in their fifth wheel and it does the same thing...has anyone else experience this or know why i can't charge it?
2012 Heartland Elkridge 34 TSRE
2011 Chevy 3500 HD 4x4 Dually, Crew Cab. 8' Box
5 REPLIES 5

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
Luvmy5vr wrote:
Thanks...will have to buy one of those plug ins to charge....

Walmart sells a 12v kit with dual ports and a cable for various phones for $20. They have just the plug alone for about $13. There are some that are cheap enough that they are used for advertising give-aways. I keep one of these in my Civic.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

Luvmy5vr
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks...will have to buy one of those plug ins to charge....
2012 Heartland Elkridge 34 TSRE
2011 Chevy 3500 HD 4x4 Dually, Crew Cab. 8' Box

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
I got one of the lighter-style plugs to keep in my wife's Hyundai, though I got one that has 2 ports so she can charge her phone and tablet (or my phone) at the same time. ๐Ÿ™‚

Lyle
1936 John Deere Model A

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
Flash most likely means that it has recognized the device as flash memory for playback purposes.

For charging get one of these:

or these:

OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
Luvmy5vr wrote:
According to the specs I should be able to charge my Ipod when i plug the cord in the USB Port, but when i plug it in, all I see is the word "Flash" literally flash in the system window and there is an noise as well...our friends have the same system in their fifth wheel and it does the same thing...has anyone else experience this or know why i can't charge it?

Some USB ports are data-only; no power. My wife's Hyundai is the same way; senses her phone or tablet, but no charge. Stupid...

Lyle
1936 John Deere Model A