cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Glendale Titanium

gdavidg
Explorer
Explorer
Been browsing 5'Rs for awhile. stumbled over Glendale Titanium fifth wheels. they look nice and apparently well built from my searches.

But they are out of business. will I be able to get things fixed in the future?

Any things to look for in this brand?

Thanks
22 REPLIES 22

oh_boy
Explorer
Explorer
I'm on my 3rd TI since 2004 Had an 03 an 06 and now an 09 Happy with all three.
We travel light (ex sailors) so don't need a ton of space. Just do your due diligence and keep in mind that you will have to replace some things. They do have a shelf life. have a continguency fund for a while..
Ian/Mary/Rusty
wire fox terror
03 Dodge Ram 3500,4x4,QC,
Line X,Hijacker 16K slider,
09 Titanium 32E37RSA

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
SH wrote:
rattleNsmoke wrote:
If a tire shop doesn't know what rim offset is....find another shop.

X2 !

You (x2 posters) are expecting way too much out of a tire shop!..:S

Most tire shop employees (and sales reps) were employed by Taco Bell or Mickey D's a few weeks prior to the tire shop.

A *claim* to know - is just a claim..:R

~

fiveeyes
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2002 Ti, and I would buy another...the CFO says no..

SH
Explorer
Explorer
rattleNsmoke wrote:

X2 !
2001 Alpenlite 35RK
2007.5 Chev LMM Duramax/Allison
BD Variable Vane Turbo Brake
TST 507
2010 FLHTC Electra Glide Classic Red Hot Sunglo ๐Ÿ™‚

rattleNsmoke
Explorer
Explorer
2010 Cedar Creek 34SATS (The Beast) & 20k Curt Q20 roller slider hitch
2006 Ford F350 SRW,SC Powerstroke diesel Lariat

2003 Harley Heritage Softail (Hogzilla)
and a wifey with tons of patience....

Allworth
Explorer II
Explorer II
The axles were exactly the same length as any other standard trailer axle. Glendale bought a bunch of cheap wheels that were known to be not compatible with Never-Lube bearings and installed then (the wheels) anyway.

The result was premature bearing failure.

Glendale filed bankruptcy (in Canada)partially because of the hit they were going to take on the recall.

Not all units were affected. If the trailer has Never-Lubes and minus ten millimeter offset wheels then you should EITHER replace the wheels with zero offset; OR replace the axles with Dexter EZ-Lubes.

I replaced the axles.

We love our Ti. Tows as a thirty footer. Lives as a thirty-five footer.

(Units 2007 or later have not reported deflection problems.)
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

okan-star
Explorer
Explorer
Dexter`s response to Titaniums offset wheels
here

Slownsy
Explorer
Explorer
Alluminium with a vacuum bonded foam core. Axles was not shorter in length just the wrong wheels.
Frank.
Frank
2012 F250 XLT
4x4 Super Cab
8' Tray 6.2lt, 3.7 Diff.

gdavidg
Explorer
Explorer
I joined the owners forum. Pretty active considering the small amount of the Ti 5'Rs out there.

does anyone know if they are aluminum or wood framed? I know wood is ok if it does not leak. but live in Washington state, known for rain.

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
gdavidg wrote:
Been browsing 5'Rs for awhile. stumbled over Glendale Titanium fifth wheels. they look nice and apparently well built from my searches.

But they are out of business. will I be able to get things fixed in the future?

Any things to look for in this brand?

Thanks

Some were manufacturer with the wrong length axles and wheels without zero offset were installed to kick them out the door which resulted in failed bearings. So check on that. Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

roy67ss
Explorer
Explorer
There is also the pin deflection issue on some of them. Buyer beware.
Roy

2011 GMC 3500, Duramax, Allison
2008 HitchHiker LS 29.5 FKTG with most options

wilber1
Explorer
Explorer
We owned a 2002 Titanium for 12 years. We live in a very wet part of the world and our major issue was leaks. One, due to a leaking awning foot resulted in some of the hardwood floor being replaced under warranty but the most serious was leaking seals in the bedroom windows resulting in some delamination on both sides forward if the windows. This showed when it was around 5 years old. Although repaired, it never looked right again. That said, we had very few problems with it otherwise and it served us well.

If our new Grand Design does as well, (minus the leaks) we will be very happy with it.

If I were looking to buy another, I would look very closely for signs of leaks and have it pressure tested before buying, but I would do that with any used unit before I purchased.

The Titanium owners forum (already linked) is a great source of information and there are some excellent photo galleries posted by members showing how they have dealt with different issues.
"Never trust a man who has not a single redeeming vice" WSC

2011 RAM 3500 SRW
2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
OK this is a good explanation:

Rim offset
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
You are referring to the zero offset problem. Some wheels were installed with non-zero rims offset for some unknown reason. The fix is just replacing the rims with zero offset ones. Cost me less than $400 for new rims, irritating but not fatal. They'll have the year and models affected on the Ti forum.

As for what 'offset' means when applied to wheels. I'm still more than hazy on that. I tried to look it up on the web and never found a good explanation. I've also asked at a couple tires places and just got a blank stare....they never heard of it.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper