cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Golf Cart Insurance

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
Another Golf Cart thread from me. Sorry. But this is the best place to get this kind of information.

My insurance is with Amica. Amica is particular with who and what they insure. The only golf cart coverage I can get with them is on our homeowner's policy and the golf cart has to stay on my property. That does me no good.

Campgrounds require liability insurance these days. I had a policy in the old days when I was with another company. But now what? My concern is nobody will give me the time of day to insure it because they're so cheap to insure. But I haven't made any calls, yet.

Does anyone have golf cart insurance in a situation like I have?
11 REPLIES 11

rjf7g
Explorer
Explorer
Our campers, cars, boat, and golf cart are insured by Erie. Our home is with another company.
1999 American Cruiser Class B
2006 Palomino Puma 27FQ Bunkhouse
2007 Gulfstream Innsbruck 36FRS Park Trailer

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
I've received a quote today from "Foremost" insurance. $92/year for liability and comprehensive/collision.

reppoc12
Explorer
Explorer
My insurance company would not cover the golf cart either. We ended up with Progressive for $70 year for liability. Sounds high after reading some of these so I will be revisiting that when it comes time. I have not had a problem at a couple campgrounds that asked for insurance.

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
byrdr1 wrote:
Lawnspecialties,
I use Central Insurance out of GA for home, cars, camper and GC.
My GC has the same liability as the cars and truck. It also has comp and collision. I pay around 120 a year for it and I keep it insured year round dont know why other than it just easy to pay monthly and not worry adding and taking it off every camping season(March til November)NOT sure what the savings would be taking off for 4-5 months. then the hassle of adding it back and then having to provide insurance papers every time we go to OLCG. The camper has replacement value plus additional for 4 awning and TV antenna. The 2008/10? EzGo GC and 2011 camper on their own policy then all 3 cars and my truck on another plus homeowners.
We have an 2014 SUV, a 2006 sentra, My 2003 ford and MY youngest 2011 Escape insured.
Central is purchased through and agent locally. she makes sure we have the best rates. but we have used Central since we left Nationwide. They were good on the camper and GC.
Happy hunting for a policy.
Randy

We had Central several years ago. Great company to deal with but our independent agent was a slimy kind of guy. They had our old golf cart policy and just added it to our auto policy.

Bedlam
I have liability only insurance through State Farm for off-road toys that is under $30/year per vehicle. Your golf cart should be able to get similar coverage.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

byrdr1
Explorer
Explorer
Lawnspecialties,
I use Central Insurance out of GA for home, cars, camper and GC.
My GC has the same liability as the cars and truck. It also has comp and collision. I pay around 120 a year for it and I keep it insured year round dont know why other than it just easy to pay monthly and not worry adding and taking it off every camping season(March til November)NOT sure what the savings would be taking off for 4-5 months. then the hassle of adding it back and then having to provide insurance papers every time we go to OLCG. The camper has replacement value plus additional for 4 awning and TV antenna. The 2008/10? EzGo GC and 2011 camper on their own policy then all 3 cars and my truck on another plus homeowners.
We have an 2014 SUV, a 2006 sentra, My 2003 ford and MY youngest 2011 Escape insured.
Central is purchased through and agent locally. she makes sure we have the best rates. but we have used Central since we left Nationwide. They were good on the camper and GC.
Happy hunting for a policy.
Randy

2014 F-350 SRW CC/LWB 4X4 6.7PSD

2011 Keystone Cougar 327RES
Happy Campin'
Randy
Piedmont area of NC

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
Its not street legal. Just a golf cart for taking to the campgrounds. Ocean Lakes, Fort Wilderness, etc. here on the east coast.

I just spoke with my RV insurance carrier. I should have mentioned they are a separate company and not Amica. Its Allied Insurance who is through Nationwide. They said NC does not allow me to add the cart to my RV policy but they can write me up a separate liability policy.

I keep forgetting my RV insurance is not with Amica like everything else. I just hadn't thought to look at them. :S

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is your street legal? The reason I ask is that here in California any thing that has a license has to have insurance to register it.

I bought a Golf cart that was street legal with a license plate, and to register it I had to have insurance, my insurance company, AAA, would do it.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

dedmiston
lawnspecialties wrote:
Amica asked if I would like them to talk with Progressive. She said they partner with Progressive. I'm no fan of Progressive. Plus, I can talk with them if I want to go that route.

You'll make Flo sad. ๐Ÿ˜ž

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
Amica asked if I would like them to talk with Progressive. She said they partner with Progressive. I'm no fan of Progressive. Plus, I can talk with them if I want to go that route.

dedmiston
I assume you have plenty of policies with the same company. You might want to mention to your agent that you're going to have to shop around (ALL of your policies) to find coverage for the cart. Your agent might get more motivated and find coverage another way. I know my agent is exclusive to one company, but he mysteriously finds other policies through other carriers when I mention that I'm shopping.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230