cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Have you had new carpet put in your 5th wheel?

Nolan
Explorer
Explorer
Wife wants new carpet in the 5th wheel. Can go to the manufacture and they will do it but she is wondering if anyone has had theirs done in the Casa Grande, AZ. area, happy with the job, unhappy and by whom.

Also depending on our travels this summer from Arizona to Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and back or from Arizona California, Oregon and back, if anyone has had theirs done. Where and with whom.
5 REPLIES 5

rjsurfer
Explorer
Explorer
For those that had this done, how did the installer get to the carpet under the slide out? Even with the slide out extended there is a bit of carpet still under it?

Thanks

Ron W.
03 Dodge 2500 SRW,SB,EC
2018 Keystone 25RES
DRZ-400SM
DL-650

phillyg
Explorer II
Explorer II
We took our '96 Bounder (one slide) to a local carpet guy. He looked inside and said "no problem." When we picked it he told us he'd pay $50 to the next people who came in with an RV, to go away! Moral of the story: find someone who's previously done RVs so there're no surprises.
--2005 Ford F350 Lariat Crewcab 6.0, 4x4, 3.73 rear
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38' SOLD

Dutch___Di
Explorer
Explorer
We had our carpet replaced in Indiana when we had our Carriage re-done. I am very happy with the job. We to went to a carpet store and bought ours too. I'm not sure the company we used would do just carpet as they were painting and doing the inside at the same time but you can contact them if you wish
Precision Painting, Breman, Indiana
2015 Western Brown Pearl single cab Ram 3500 Dually. Aisin Transmission, Pace Edwards auto rolltop cover, DeBoe Slide Step, AMP Side Steps.
1996/2010 Triple Slide Carriage, Mor/Ryde Susp, Kodiak Disc Brakes, Big Foot Auto Leveling System, TST TPMS

wborst
Explorer
Explorer
We had our carpet replaced last year in the down stairs area and the steps. We had it done by a local flooring company. They did the slideouts also. It turned out great and less expensive than I thought it would be.
Brenda, Bill
Our little dog Madison has crossed the Rainbow Bridge
2003 Newmar Mountain Aire 40ft. Spartan chassis
400 hp Cummins ISL

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
We had ours replaced a few years back. Went to a carpet type store and picked out the carpet. They sent the carpet out with an installer who was done in about an hour including removing old carpet and hauling away. It isn't really a specialty service and any competent carpet installer should have no problem with the install. 25 years ago, I would have done it myself, but I can't bend and crawl like I once could.
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."