cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hitch Decision

Pat_Dibble
Explorer
Explorer
I am trying to deside Hijacker autoslide and a Pullrite autoslide or a Anderson hitch. any experience with the hijacker or the Anderson system as I have used the Pullrite
20 REPLIES 20

spud1957
Explorer
Explorer
Butch50 wrote:
The only thing I didn't like about the Superglide was I had to use a bunge cord to keep the slide from banging from the front to the rear when I took off and stopped. The head would turn and away it went either to the right or left and would not stop till it got to the other end of the slide. Oh and one other was taking the heavy son of a gun out of the truck.

We were working on a project and living in our 5th wheel and I needed to have my bed clear for work. So I had to take some of it apart to get it out.

I have a Pulrite Superglide. With proper adjustment of the stop assembly nut, at the front of the hitch, there is NO movement of the head. No bungee cord required.

This is clearly stated in the used guide.
2018 F350 6.7 4x4 CCSB
2022 GD Reflection 337 RLS

spud1957
Explorer
Explorer
duplicate
2018 F350 6.7 4x4 CCSB
2022 GD Reflection 337 RLS

tunatundra
Explorer
Explorer
I hate to comment on this site when Andersen is mentioned but the op has asked info from owners. I have a Andersen and really like it. I can hitch and unhitch at acute angles which has great benefits. I have the B&W which together with the Andersen smacked the wallet prety hard. I have removed the A 6 times this year and put it back in. Very easy to do (5 minutes) was my best time if you don't count the 10 minutes for me to climb in and out of my bed. I help a friend remove his Curt and it is a tedious job. There are great hitches out there but this one is great for me.
Rusty & Lana
2017 Cougar 333MKS
2016 F250 Diesel

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
i canโ€™t say enough positive things about how my rail mount Andersen has worked. Solid and simple, made in Idaho. So much smoother than any standard fifth wheel hitch Iโ€™ve used.
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

Butch50
Explorer
Explorer
John Myers wrote:
I have just installed the Demco autoslide on my 2012 Chevy PU SB. Do I need the locking plate when towing my trailer with Mor/Ryde pin box? I have it but not sure what it adds. The plate on the mor/ryde pin box is the same size and seems to be the same except for the stop.

I've never had a Demco and if it is anything like the superglide then yes you will need the locking plate to tie it into the hitch head and forcing the head to turn with the trailer. If it doesn't you now would have a double pivoting point. One with the slider and then one where the pin box head sets on the hitch head. Hope this makes sense.

On Edit:I went and looked at the Demco and the capture is already built into the hitch. All you have to do once you are hitched up the first time is adjust the 4 bolts on each side and tighten the locking bolts down and it should work for your hitch. I don't know if your Mor/Ryde pin box is going to cause problems with capture plates or not but will need to be made so it can't turn on the hitch head.
Butch

I try to always leave doubt to my ignorance rather than prove it

2021 Winnebago View

Butch50
Explorer
Explorer
The only thing I didn't like about the Superglide was I had to use a bunge cord to keep the slide from banging from the front to the rear when I took off and stopped. The head would turn and away it went either to the right or left and would not stop till it got to the other end of the slide. Oh and one other was taking the heavy son of a gun out of the truck.

We were working on a project and living in our 5th wheel and I needed to have my bed clear for work. So I had to take some of it apart to get it out.
Butch

I try to always leave doubt to my ignorance rather than prove it

2021 Winnebago View

John_Myers
Explorer
Explorer
I have just installed the Demco autoslide on my 2012 Chevy PU SB. Do I need the locking plate when towing my trailer with Mor/Ryde pin box? I have it but not sure what it adds. The plate on the mor/ryde pin box is the same size and seems to be the same except for the stop.

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
2001400ex wrote:
I bought an Anderson this summer as I like a flat bed easily when not in use. And my wife can take it out if needed. Nothing but positive things to say really. Only negative I have found is having to check the torque on the bolts but I don't think that's specific to the Anderson.

One of the reasons other then I already had the picture frame adapter, didn't want to deal with the gooseneck ball or the torque ,nor having it making contact with the bed.

Best hitch I have ever had, its portability , ease of hitching, unhitching., quiet ,etc etc.

2001400ex
Explorer
Explorer
I bought an Anderson this summer as I like a flat bed easily when not in use. And my wife can take it out if needed. Nothing but positive things to say really. Only negative I have found is having to check the torque on the bolts but I don't think that's specific to the Anderson.
2017 Forest River Stealth SA2816
2020 GMC Denali 3500 Duramax
Anderson ultimate fifth wheel hitch

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
jerem0621 wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
I think PullRite has the market cornered with their Auto Slide.

There will be another player in the AutoSlide market in the future, that's all I am saying.

Inside source from B&W?

Probably, he's probably a sales rep. for them, if not he should get hired. :@

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cummins12V98 wrote:

There will be another player in the AutoSlide market in the future, that's all I am saying.

Inside source from B&W?
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

Itโ€™s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:

You seem to be correct on the Superglide. We have a local classifieds on the internet ,similar to Craig's list, multiple listing for the Superglide weekly, it appears they either don't need them or they are getting smart ,and going to the Andersen :B

I'm sure the new player in the AutoSlide has to be the B&W , you wouldn't promote anything else regardless whether it was good or bad. ๐Ÿ™‚

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

C_B_
Explorer
Explorer
14 years of no hitch worries with my American made 16K Pullrite Superglide..

Wouldn't think of using anything else.

C.B.
CBVP2004~FORD~F350~CC~LARIAT~SRW~SB~4X4~6.0D~
AUTO~PULLRITE 16K SUPERGLIDE~DEMCO GLIDERIDE~
PRODIGY CONTROLLER~C-BETR MIRRORS~EMS-HW50C~

Butch/Barb=2013-Cedar Creek 36CKTS
Kris/Katy=2006-Cherokee 32B