cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

hitch for 2015 duramax

Wood_chip
Explorer
Explorer
I will be new to the 5th wheel world soon so I am asking what is the popular choice for hitches for 2015 2500 Duramax? Is the hitch that GM provides if ordered any good at all? This would be for 2015 Glacier Peek 28rks. Dry hitch weight is 1770

thank you
2017 Chevy HD 3500 Dually LTZ D/A combo crew cab / Bilstein 4600's / Ride Rite air bags w remote / 50 gal transfer flow Aux tank / Trailersaver BD5
2020 Arctic Fox 32-5m with most options + 17.5 wheel & tire combo
33 REPLIES 33

twindman
Explorer
Explorer
Be aware the Pullrites do not adjust much up or down. Actually all mine does is go up 3.5 inches with some extra hardware. I know other hitches have several pin holes for more adjustment.
Also, the Silverados are much taller than the older models. I went from 2006 to 2012 and the bed was 1 1/2 inches higher and the side rails were an additional inch taller. Hence the you have to raise the pin box to avoid the rails but the additional height may make you ride nose high.
However, I do like the automatic slider. It gives one peace of mind. And I have made nearly 90 degree turns several times when in tight spots. Some of the newer fivers have rounded corners on the front that supposedly allow turning to something like 80-85 degrees with no slider.

ours
Explorer
Explorer
GO with the Super glide. I drive a 2014 2500 Duramax (regular box) and am very happy.

bkd234
Explorer
Explorer
Pullrite makes a 3 inch lift kit to raise hitch. I have it for a 2013 and it works fine. About $125 and easy install.

WeBeFulltimers
Explorer
Explorer
If you're a rookie, go with the superglide. If you are an experienced backer, go with the B & W.
2012 Ford F-350 PSD SRW ** CURT Q24 ** 2018.5 MONTANA 3791RD

4bearhug
Explorer
Explorer
Wood chip wrote:
I ended up with the B&W Patriot. The trailer does not even come close to hitting the cab. It sure seems like a great hitch. I have it set all the way down and all the way back with 7-8" of clearance on the bed.

I have been researching the same issues as you since we are looking to buy a 2015 3500 GMC std bed. I had seriously considered the superglide, but decided against it because the hitch head didn't go as high as the B & W Companion. The 2015 GM trucks have a bed height of 21.3" and the SG I looked at only went 17" above the bed floor. I was really concerned that I wouldn't have sufficient clearance over my bed rails if I went the SG route so the B & W companion is my choice for the ability to adjust the height.

I also looked at the B & W slider, but decided against it. We currently have a 6' bed with a slider hitch and have never used it in two years. The GMs bed is about 6.5' so we should be OK. It all depends on where and how you camp, but I feel we don't need a slider. YMMV

Toolguy5
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a 2006 2500HD short bed Duramax. I went with the 16K pullrite superglied. New and installed at dealer at purchase of 5er. Total cost $1800.00
Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess Rainbow Bridge 8/8/2023
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2021 Jayco Eagle 319MLOK
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

kennethwooster
Explorer
Explorer
Trailers are made different. I was doing fine short bed, and standard hitch. Let a guy working for me pull it and took out rear window. 1000.00 dollars out the window. Bought the SG, and never regret it as never had to worry again. Bought a long bed this past spring, and went with the b&W. An excellent hitch. However if you need slider the SG is great.
kenneth wooster- retired farmer. Biblical History Teacher in public HS, and substitute teacher.
wife Diana-adult probation officer, now retired.
31KSLS Full Body paint Cameo
Ford F350 2014 DRW 4X4 King Ranch.
20K B&W Puck mount hitch

Wood_chip
Explorer
Explorer
I ended up with the B&W Patriot. The trailer does not even come close to hitting the cab. It sure seems like a great hitch. I have it set all the way down and all the way back with 7-8" of clearance on the bed.
2017 Chevy HD 3500 Dually LTZ D/A combo crew cab / Bilstein 4600's / Ride Rite air bags w remote / 50 gal transfer flow Aux tank / Trailersaver BD5

Wood_chip
Explorer
Explorer
Wood chip wrote:
I am thinking the companion with manual slider is way to go for me. It has vertical adjustment and from I read, the super glide from Pullrite does not have vertical adjustment. Did I read that correct or is it just difficult to adjust?

For the Superglide users. I understand there is no vertical adjustment in the Superglide? Does this become an issue leveling your trailer out? I know all truck brands react a little different to the pin loads so without adjustment, im not sure how that would workout.

I see that the B&W has 2" of adjustment that could be helpful.

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a Pull-Rite Super Glide that fits on standard rails. It's a model ISR 2700 Does the same things as any other Super Glide for 1/2 the price. Fits on standard bedrails like any other hitch. You can find them online in the $800.00-900.00 range..Can't go wrong and they just re-rated them from 15,000 up to 16,000 lbs.

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

FlatBroke
Explorer II
Explorer II
B & W anything else is........well anything else.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

Wood_chip
Explorer
Explorer
I am thinking the companion with manual slider is way to go for me. It has vertical adjustment and from I read, the super glide from Pullrite does not have vertical adjustment. Did I read that correct or is it just difficult to adjust?

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
I'm very happy with my Anderson ultimate 5er/B&W Turnover ball combo. Was all set on getting the 4100 Superglide but happy I went this route instead. Pleanty of clearance even with a 102" wide body 5er, and no 200+ lb hitch to lug in/out of the bed.
2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
guidry wrote:
I went with the BW on my Duramax standard bed. Didn't need a slider with my trailer's front cap. I'm very happy with the BW!

Same here. My very square front FW will NOT hit my truck at full lock, left or right, when going forward. ALL will hit in reverse, just a little sooner without a slider than with. B&W now makes a slider and you can't go wrong with their hitches. I love my Companion, and won't have another hitch unless I go so big as to exceed their capacity. Hell, even then, I might contact them to see if they'd build a custom hitch. ๐Ÿ™‚

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member