cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas on new TH?

shepcal
Explorer
Explorer
Getting older, presently own a 16’ Carson Fun Runner, which has worked out excellently since new in 2006. Have done solar, updated the inverter, It’s just tits for my prospecting trip into the desert, EXCEPT, tired of climbing the ladder in the middle of the night (if you know what I mean)
Looking for ideas on a quality Toy Hauler w/ a low bed up front. Need the full 6 cu’ refer. Don’t need all the fancies. Places where I go, can’t go long, actually more of problem parking at home. Don’t think I could go over 22-24’. Appreciate any experiences. Thanks, Shep
7 REPLIES 7

shepcal
Explorer
Explorer
Appreciate replies. A few years back, there were'nt any short low bed TH's. I have my homework to do.
Thanks, Shep

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
(if you know what I mean) Sure do!
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

JMT2
Explorer
Explorer
I would take a look at the forest river Stealth WA2313

http://www.forestriverinc.com/PrinterFriendly.aspx?PrintType=Floorplans&LineID=182

Good luck!

atwowheelguy
Explorer
Explorer
My criteria was a front bed available without unloading the bikes, ability to carry two dirt bikes, and weight within the capability of a 1600 lb. payload F150. What I found was a Cruiser RV Funfinder Xtra XT245. 4650# brochure weight, 5025# manufactured weight, 6700# loaded for camping with two dirt bikes.

I wanted the KZ MXT-20 to work since it is lighter, but the only way to hold two bikes is to fold the front bed up into the wall. It might work for you. 4173# brochure weight.

2013 F150 XLT SCrew 5.5' 3.5 EB, 3.55, 2WD, 1607# Payload, EAZ Lift WDH
Toy Hauler: 2010 Fun Finder XT-245, 5025# new, 6640-7180# loaded, 900# TW, Voyager wireless rear view camera
Toys: '66 Super Hawk, XR400R, SV650, XR650R, DL650 V-Strom, 525EXC, 500EXC

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
Lots of front bed options here http://eclipservmfg.com/AttitudePro-Lite

Other brands will have similar floor plans as well.
2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch

otrfun
Explorer II
Explorer II
shepcal wrote:
Getting older, presently own a 16’ Carson Fun Runner, which has worked out excellently since new in 2006. Have done solar, updated the inverter, It’s just tits for my prospecting trip into the desert, EXCEPT, tired of climbing the ladder in the middle of the night (if you know what I mean)
Looking for ideas on a quality Toy Hauler w/ a low bed up front. Need the full 6 cu’ refer. Don’t need all the fancies. Places where I go, can’t go long, actually more of problem parking at home. Don’t think I could go over 22-24’. Appreciate any experiences. Thanks, Shep
Nearly every toy hauler manufacturer makes a smallish (~20 ft) version with the bed up-front. Your perception of style, quality construction, and value, is going to be the deciding factor IMO.

Probably the most popular and widely available toy hauler in CA is the Eclipse. Check out the 19FB or 19SB. They both have a bed up-front.

GENECOP
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think the VRV line from Livinlite has some real nice options....well made, and a nice drop down bed in some models....