24 REPLIES 24

bshgto1
Explorer
Explorer
Here`s one, he makes it look easy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfVptt4TxiY
2018.5 Montana 3791 Rear Den
Electric brakes suck Disk brakes it`s the only way
Andersen Ultimate on the pucks, 5th AirBorne Mor/ryde SRE 4000 X Factors....real smooth ride
2018 Ford F350 Dually 6.7 Top Dog 5595 payload

romore wrote:
I have seen a lot of commercial truckers that couldn't do that. And in the dark no less. This boy is good!!

I have seen a lot of commercial drivers now a days that cannot back up AT ALL... It's a shame....

We have at least 1 a day at our shop that has a terrible time backing in.. Its the "New Generation" of drivers... put em in a truck and point them straight !

If your gonna drive it... learn to back it...

*** ps - I am extremely jealous... not on my best night would I want to attempt that..... stone pillars, curb, fence, house, dark... Give me a wide approach, daylight and my wife far away so there would be no yelling " YOUR GONNA HIT SOMETHING" . .:B
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

mt1729
Explorer
Explorer
I have 30 years experience driving truck (road construction mostly) lots of backing up involved. Even had a pup on behind my belly dump at times. I thought I was pretty good. Never at my best, even as a young man, could I have even come close to doing what I just saw in that video and that was after dark. Way over, above & out of my league. Very jealous I never had that kind of ability. WOW!
Moose

DSteiner51
Explorer
Explorer
Not another one! Approx 8 years ago I was backing my rig up with a boat behind (not at nite) when I read on RV.net that it was impossible so I just kept doing it. Never had it videoed to prove it because I wasn't knowledgable enough to know it couldn't be done until I learned it here.

In my ignorance I thot it was easier then backing up a chopper and wagon with auto steer behind a tractor, especially when the chopper was swung off center to trail to the right of the tractor for chopping and on field surface, not blacktop. Never was great at this so I thot a fifth wheel and boat on hard surface was a piece of cake. Haven't done either now for 5 years so not sure I could still.
D. Steiner
The sooner I fall behind, the more time I have to catch up.

srosa
Explorer
Explorer
In my case there would be a disconnected fifth wheel and boat parked in the street for at least a few minutes. I donโ€™t have enough decades left on this planet to gain those kind of skills.
2018 DRV MS 38 RSSA
2017 Ford F-450 Lariat CC 4X4 DRW LWB

packnrat
Explorer
Explorer
i have been pulling long trailers (even a set of short boxes) for a number of decades. rain, ice storms, white outs, fog. you name it in all weather conditions, even worked the yard goat for a couple years.

But my hat goes off to those who can back up a set.
2006 F250 4X4 auto 6.0 short bed
2001 sunnybrook 24 ft
1984 cj7 built up a bit
kg6tgu
never too many toys, just not enought room to keep them
one dog who belives she is the master. rip 12 12 2007
12 loving years and loyal to the end.
just out having fun

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™m about like azrving.....about 20 or so feet.
Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
jake2250 wrote:
IMPRESSIVE! Takes patience! If your gonna pull it, you should be able to back it!

Not necessarily.. motorhomes towing 4-down can't back up.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
Not bad for someone who doesn't do it everyday.
2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
Saw a YT video a number of years ago showing a guy backing a set of =triples= into a warehouse. Aussie, IIRC. Manager said the driver was his "A Team". :B

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not only that, he was barefoot also!!!! Maybe that is his secret? Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
That is really impressive. In the dark no less. After 12 years & hundreds of campsite, rarely pull through, I like to think that we are pretty good. I say WE because I have a very good spotter with radio in hand.

Backing doubles simply boggles the mind. It is like watching a skipper docking a large single engined boat in a breeze. You need to know your stuff.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wow, just WOW!
Puma 30RKSS

Nv_Guy
Explorer III
Explorer III
When I was leasing truck trailers I met one driver who could do that. He told me his dad was a dispatcher so as a youngster he got to learn and practice in the truck yard when dad worked on weekends.
I tried backing doubles with the yard tractor a few times...It was a cluster...