cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Jayco ceiling fan

Cdaddy
Explorer
Explorer
Picking up a 2016 jayco eagle 345bh this week the camping with no hook ups. But we have a inverter generator during the day to charge ba
2 batteries. Will the ceiling fan run off batteries? If not if I install a 500 or 1000 watt inverter will it then run?
10 REPLIES 10

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
sayoung wrote:
On our 2011 Jayco the living area ceiling fan is residential 115v

Forgot to also say the 2 exhuast fans in the roof & stove ventahood run on 12volts.

jnharley
Explorer
Explorer
You are looking for an inverter/charger that will run your outlets, etc. It takes the place of your converter and it is pretty expensive and has about 8 other components that go with it. We installed a sub panel and moved the outlets including the microwave over to the sub panel so they can work using the inverter or on shore power. You also need a transfer switch, battery heat detector, inverter monitor, and a whopping big fuse. Most factory inverter installations (usually in motorhomes) only have a few outlets dedicated to the inverter where we have all our outlets with the exception of two of them wired for inverter use. We have a 5th wheel and have 4 Group 27 12 volt batteries. Using an inverter really uses lots battery power. May we ask why you need power overnight when sleeping? The ceiling fans will work on 12 volts so you can run them. fridge and water heater will run on propane so no worries there. If you are thinking of TV watching, you can buy a small inverter just to run the TV but that will not power the other outlets.
2015 Dodge Dually
2012 NuWa Discover America 355CK

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
On our 2011 Jayco the living area ceiling fan is residential 115v

Njmurvin
Explorer
Explorer
My AF ceiling fan runs only off 110v. I have run it off my inverter (Xantrex Prowatt 2000). I don't recall what the power draw was, but I would be reluctant to run it for very long in a two battery system. It would depend on the size of your inverter (is it enough to run it?), other loads, amp-hour capacity of your battery bank and how you recharge when it gets down to 50 percent (solar, generator, etc.).
2020 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Duramax 4x4 Crew Cab Standard box

2011 Arctic Fox 27.5L

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
Cdaddy wrote:
Nope we have a champion 3100 inverter but can only run it till 10. Looking for something to run the outlets and ceiling fan over night. We added a second battery.
this is a different question from your original post.

If you are talking about an exhaust fan, it's likely a Fantastic and runs on 12v. If it's a ceiling fan it could run on either 12 or 110.

As far as the outlets, those obviously need shore, gen, or inverter to make AC

If you need an inverter, check the local Lowes. They were carrying a line of inverters and Solar gear and decided to get out of that business and sell it all out. My local Lowes still has 300w PSW inverters for $37 hidden in the lighting section where no one seems to look
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

Cdaddy
Explorer
Explorer
Nope we have a champion 3100 inverter but can only run it till 10. Looking for something to run the outlets and ceiling fan over night. We added a second battery.

I have an ONBOARD 1000 watt pure Sine Wave Inverter that is just for the Fridge.. It only runs 1 outlet, and gets it's power from the battery bank.

I have a feeling that you may be confusing what I have, with a portable inverter/Generator like the Yamaha, or Honda EU2000. The kind you set on the ground, start, and plug your camper into??
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Cdaddy
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
My onboard inverter ONLY powers the residential fridge.. IF your talking about plugging into an inverter/genny, like a Honda EU2000, then it should work just fine.. Mine did. The ceiling fan should only work of AC power..

So you outlets still don't work? Just the fridge?

My onboard inverter ONLY powers the residential fridge.. IF your talking about plugging into an inverter/genny, like a Honda EU2000, then it should work just fine.. Mine did. The ceiling fan should only work of AC power..
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

DReisinger
Explorer
Explorer
Mine in my Cardinal is AC operated