cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landing Gear Switch

Bob91040
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2008 Forest River Cardinal and my switch on my venture Mfg,landing gear series 9000 seems to be going out. My batteries were low when I bought the Cardinal and I think I might have burnt it out when I was hooking it up the first time. When I call forest River, they want to sell me the harness with the switch for sixty five bucks. I only need the switch. It has 4 wires to it. Do you think other rocker arm switches with 30 amp fuses would work? Thanks, Bob
4 REPLIES 4

shadows4
Explorer III
Explorer III
Old-Biscuit wrote:
I know that my landing gear switch is 'ignition proof' type due to being in close proximity to batteries.

Ignition proof switch w/harness...$40 LINK

And there is this one.......$36.50 LINK

I installed one from the eBay seller in the second link above this spring. I replaced mine because the housing was weather cracked. Works just fine. Good luck, John
2016 4X4 F350,CC,SB,Lariat,6.7L diesel,
2015 Coachmen Chapparal 324 TSRK
B&W Patriot 16K hitch.

Bob91040
Explorer
Explorer
Your right, they venture mfg. is good to deal with, they will sell me my switch for $16.00, but they have a minimum order of $ 50.00. (ouch) I'm going to a electronic shop that carries 4 wire switches.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had two of them sitting at home i would have given tou. But sadly they went in the trash when we moved. I doubt it is the switch though. Before you spend any money you need to check with a voltmeter. If the switch is dead call venture mfg direct. They have been great to deal with in the past when i needed parts. BTW the switch only comes with the harness attached.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
I know that my landing gear switch is 'ignition proof' type due to being in close proximity to batteries.

Ignition proof switch w/harness...$40 LINK

And there is this one.......$36.50 LINK
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31