cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Level Up problems

T-Trucker
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,We have a 2012 Mobile Suites with the Level Up system,been having problems with it either keeping the trailer up in camp mode plus lowering down going down the highway,My question is I have the old style with the outer tube,if I pop for the newer style? Just curious the people that have made the switch does that fix the problem.
9 REPLIES 9

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
retispcsi wrote:
Had the same problem tried all the fixes. Lippert replaced mine under warranty. Replacement is the only permanent fix.

Pretty much a fact for the DRV. Itโ€™s a heavy unit. My 36RSSB3, a 37โ€™ over all length has a GVW of 19K. loaded to 18,250# with a pin of 4250#. Both front jacks replaced with higher rated more robust rams and no more problems.

Jim
Jim & Kathy, (Boxers, Buddy & Sheba)
2016 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn 4X4/CC/LB/Aisin/4.10/rear air assist ...Pearl White.
2016 DRV MS 36RSSB3/ W&D/ slide toppers/ DTV satellite/ 5.5K Onan propane gen.
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

retispcsi
Explorer
Explorer
Had the same problem tried all the fixes. Lippert replaced mine under warranty. Replacement is the only permanent fix.
2015 Mobile Suites 38 RSSA. 2014 Ram CC DRW 4x4 60 gal RDS Aisin 4:10.
DW, Shadow, Remington and Ron. Living the good life till the next one arrives.

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
EVERYTHING listed above to try to fix this issue DID NOT work for the LCI level up system on my 2016 DRV 36RSSB3. We tried ALL THE ABOVE. Took it to be worked on under warranty repair. They used fork oil to see if that helped. They replaced the valves, replaced the pump, replaced the door side front Ram.. Did every trick that was stated above and more. I was told by Ron McCoy, who was on the ground floor of the manufacture of the level up system. The DRV IS IS A HEAVY UNIT! With heavy pin weight; mine is 4125#. He stated that the front rams on DRV arenโ€™t robust enough. Thatโ€™s why theyโ€™re encased inside a steel tube.. to keep them from BENDING!!. He stated when rams and possibly slides start acting up... and I had 3 rams and a slide I had to fix up just to tow my 5er! He replaced BOTH front RAMS, ( thatโ€™s the recommendation), with two 8K each Rams. Itโ€™s THE ONLY THING THAT FIXED MINE AS WELL AS QUITE A FEW OTHERS.. THE ONLY THING.. everything else was tried and nothing fixed the issue. Mine was fixed under warranty. Itโ€™s MUCH more robust and in over 3000 miles of towing and fulltiming, zero issues since two front rams were replaced. It wasnโ€™t the valves , poppets, pump, hydraulics, adding fork oil or anything stated above.. and believe me it was all tried by so called RV repair technicians.
Been there, done that, lived it and actually know what it takes to fix it. Go to a DRV SITE AND CHECK IT OUT. Iโ€™m talking heavy pin WEIGHT on an already heavy DRV.. Donโ€™t know about other 5ers but became quite learned on the DRV. I was also an Engineer and spent about 14 years dealing with hydraulics at one job in my career .

Jim
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

Gib3633
Explorer
Explorer
I had this problem. You level the trailer and an hour later the front rams completely retracted. If you open the door where your batteries are stored and you look up at the manifold there are four solenoids for the front hydraulic cylinders and the slides . I believe the one for the front rams is off to the right by itself. After leveling give that solenoid a light wrap with a screwdriver and I believe your problem will be solved . Lazy Days keep these solenoids in stock and the electrical coil that the wires attach to.

T-Trucker
Explorer
Explorer
Thx,guys for the responses back,Thx again Terry

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
I highly advise going to "5thwheelforums" and read this thread!

"Getting new landing gear - maybe"

This guy along with his RV tech isolated his problems to air getting into the system. Well worth the read.

A recommended procedure is to always manually retract all rams and once they have bottomed out to hold the retract button for an additional 1-2 seconds.

After reading his article I do NOT believe it's the ram's fault all the time.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

T-Trucker
Explorer
Explorer
Also Jim thanks for your service.

T-Trucker
Explorer
Explorer
Thx,Jim for the rely,that was what I was looking for if I replace these things will it fix the problem,been dealing with the problem for a while,it comes and goes,but it is getting worse and I am tired of dealing with it.Thx,again

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2016 36RSSB3, and had issues with it, it was ridiculous. Lippert Serviceman replace my two front rams with 2 brand new ones. Completely new front set up. Fixed my problems... zero issues with new set up. Rams are more robust . Well worth the fix!

Jim
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet